Durable tent for 320

i think I wanna go with the 320, provided that I get a tent that I can attach to it. I mentioned wanting to get a cat and I think this could solve the space issue, but I want a good, strong tent that’s durable and can survive the elements for the most part. Is there a tent out there like that? 

Comments

  • mikei
    mikei Member Posts: 6
    We bought a Walker tent (made in Europe where the teardrop originated). Very durable and well made but rather bulky. 1" aluminum poles verses fiberglass.  Not the easiest to erect and the instructions suck.  allproadventures.com

  • LittleBoyBlue
    LittleBoyBlue Member Posts: 22
    Not sure if this is something for you to consider, but it worked for me.  Went with the Clam Escape because it was lighter than some and set up is one minute. https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/qb/nouupg0o8fi2.jpg It doesn't have a flap to attach to the kider rail but I just let the awning lay on top of it.  II liked the white top since it makes it bright inside and reflects sunlight. Here's a link to Clamoutdoors: https://shop.quicksetshelters.com/escape-sport-screen-tent.html

    Mike & Sara Ross - Panama City, Florida - mrosspc@gmail.com - 2015 Toyota Sienna - Little Boy Blue - 2018 T@B S




  • AirBoss
    AirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Curiuos if anyone has purchased and used the Pahaque Tent for a 2019/2020 T@B 400? Worth $815?  
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop


  • Sharon_is_SAM
    Sharon_is_SAM Member Posts: 10,034
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ChanW
    ChanW Member Posts: 3,165
    edited December 2019
    We found a (sightly) used Thermarest add-a-room, whose quality and durability is outstanding.
    Sad to say however, that they're no longer made, and with luck, you too would have to find a slightly used one.
    Pahaque has a good reputation for quality, and good customer service in case of any problems.
    Do a search here on the forum for Pahaque, or use this Google search link:

    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

     A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • DesertDweller
    DesertDweller Member Posts: 139
    I have the PahaQue side tent for my 320 Boondock Lite.  I find it relatively easy to set up as a solo camper.  If you can set up a 4 person camping tent that has shock-corded poles, you can set up the side tent.  By myself, it takes about 15 minutes or so.  I have only used it a couple of times.  I think it is well made and I (and my dog) do enjoy the extra room it provides.  Some caveats.  If you use the skirt that attaches to the bottom keder rail, you cannot use the attached step to get into the T@B.  If you have a T@B model that has the vents for the refrigerator on the passenger side of the T@B, you do have to be mindful of exhaust building up inside the tent.  I use it with the front and side "windows" fully open.  You can still smell the exhaust, but my CO monitor has never gone off.  It can get quite warm inside the tent when it is in full sun, even when the outside temps are otherwise comfortable.   I recently bought a visor and use a tarp set up to use in the summer when I don't want to use the tent because of the heat inside or because I am only camping a night or two.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2025 Ford Ranger XLT 2.7L V6