Options

New 2021 T@B 320s Prototype video .

13»

Comments

• Options
    aliensraliensr Member Posts: 2
    Potential buyer of 320S next year (Canadian version). 2021 model changes are a big + for me! Cassette toilet and 12V frig are major improvements. Can you say NO Black Tank...Would like to see solar as std with the 2021 (to keep the frig topped up). I would add a second battery also, 2 12V's in parallel or keep a spare in the car charged up for boondocking use. Interior changes are really nice, fresh and modern, especially beginning a new decade.  I'd really like to know the tongue weight with the spare up front. I would be towing with a 2017 Ford Escape 2.0 with 3500/350 ratings. My guess would be close to 300 lbs which is pretty high. My vote for the sink would be the Euro style, round where the faucet drops down with lid to make more usable work area. Cheers...
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2019
    I like the changes overall....

- That Isotherm 12V fridge is a really nice, high efficiency fridge - I follow van builds and the Isotherms are often used in high end van builds. Only thing better would be a top loading fridge, which are the most efficient.

- Like the cassette toilet. Never #2 in our 400, toilet if for #1 only.....and most of the time I prefer to simply pee in the woods with my dog :) 

- Love the spit rear bench.

- Don't like the veneer - I like the look of wood personally.

- A bit concerned about the storage - looks quite minimal. I would definitely forgo the microwave.

- Who no solar? Makes no sense to me. Our 400 has 200W on the roof and I have an additional 100W portable panel. T@B's are perfect for boondocking and solar is a no brainer!! Would also love to see a lithium battery option (stored indoors).
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    aliensraliensr Member Posts: 2
    +1 on the solar...every new 2021 320S should ship with solar installed (even if you call it an option). mandatory for keeping the batteries topped up. cheers. would like to see photos of the 'light colour' new interior...maple veneer is fine with me. have the issues I've read about with the floor based A/C fixed?
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @aliensr I am perfectly happy with AC in my 2020 320.   The install falls in line with what elwell listed in the owners manual, intake and exhaust seperated by a the trailer frame,  I haven't removed the louvered panels, part of the recall/update.  I never experienced any issues. 

Seems to be isolated to the 400's and last I read Elwell was talking about a larger unit for those.    Haven't read anything in a while.    

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    McMullapMcMullap Member Posts: 24
    @aliensr - I agree with your thoughts on the 2021. There seems to be a lot of “haters” of the new prototype but all in all, I like the changes. Can’t make everyone happy! I’m indifferent on the toilet, love the spilt bed and fridge upgrade. While I agree solar is important, I’m sure nucamp did their homework when comparing the units sold with/without solar. I’m planning to buy a unit within the year. My biggest decision is 320 vs 400. I prefer the 320 but my wife likes the addition space of the 400. So we’ll see what happens. Good luck to you. Cheers. 
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Cbusguy the current 400 solo edition once again has a front mounted Dometic Cool Cat, perhaps NuCamp abandoned the failed Elwell experiment in the 400's? Has anyone seen a non solo 400 to confirm what AC unit is installed and where it is mounted?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @N7SHG_Ham that is what I am afraid of......getting stuck with an odd ball ac unit that if it ever fails will be difficult to get serviced and harder to replace.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have definitely come around to the idea of the cassette toilet because if the extra space. It is practically the same size as my current black tank (6 gallons.)

It also has been nice to see some additional graphics options.

The prototype has developed nicely since the first video.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014