Options

City water port and black female thread fitting

I have a leak just just behind the city fill port. I contacted Tech at nu camp, here is what they told me to do.  " I talked to my Service Tech and he said this is the Black Female Threaded pex fitting that connects the pex to the actual city water hook up. Most likely this fitting became loose from vibration. If you tighten this piece up it should fix the problem."

I do not have any instructions for doing such job unfortunately."

Would there be anybody on this forum write some instructions or have any experience with this? Is it hand tighten, is it to the right, do I use a tool, how far can I pull the pex and fitting out without harming anything.

I found the area if my leak after I filled the freshwater tank then turned on the pump and as soon as it was pressurized drip started coming out immediately from the connection point. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    Is this a clamshell or a regular T@B?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2018
    2016 t@b320s. I'll post 2 pictures when I get WiFi on Friday.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    @gbell, Are you referring to a leak of the city water supply plumbing line where it connects to the inlet port?  You can see it drip from inside the galley cabinet?  It sounds like there is an adapter that connects the inlet to the pex.  Since it is threaded, it sounds like all you need to do is turn off the pump then depressurize the city water supply line by holding in the city water inlet valve.  Then tighten up the connection by turning.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    edited August 2018
    I expect you have already thought of/tried this, but if you're a good contortionist with a strong grip, you might be able to reach that fitting through the access panel behind the toilet.
    IIRC, there's a line that tees off just inside the city water connection. That will limit how far you can pull that fixture out, but I'm guessing it will be enough to muckle onto the connector enough to tighten it. Fortunately, PEX is pretty flexible so tugging things a few inches in one direction or another is not likely to hurt anything.
    Some owners have replaced the city water port with and upgraded version. They must have gotten it off/on somehow. Hopefully one of them will catch this discussion and chime in.
    One of my few concerns when I got my T@B was the lack of access to the utilities in the space behind the bath. Fortunately, problems back there seem to be pretty limited. I guess you just got lucky...  :-(
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Looks looks like if someone holds the port away from the outside wall like in your pic, you may be able to hold the black threaded part with something and then screw the inlet into the black connector.
  • Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2018
    Problem leak is fixed. I had to go to the dealership and get it fixed. Nücamp answered me how to tighten the lines. You reach your arm down the back wall behind  the toilet area, where the water pump is ,and tighten to the right. But I couldn't get my arm down far enough and still get my arm out. 1/2 hr job, plus they double checked the lines and all done.  Nücamp says lines can vibrate loose.  Oh boy, .I need longer arms.🤣. Thanks for the thoughts.
  • Options
    Good to know.  This issue is unique to the forum.  Thanks!