Options

2019 400 Microwave and Inverter

SystemSystem Posts: 180
This discussion was created from comments split from: Some info from the more experienced..

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Will the factory-installed inverter run the factory-installed microwave in the 2019 400's?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @N7SHG_Ham, can't answer as we have a 320s, but welcome to the forum. -Denise & N8ZLQ.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome!
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @N7SHG_Ham, where are you located, as my DH, N8ZLQ, might want to say hello to a fellow enthusiast? And I have now officially hijacked this thread. Sorry, all, will try to keep this to a very minimum.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Well I guess as the OP I can tolerate a hijack :) I am in Central Oregon.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,666
    Welcome.
    How big is the microwave in watts?  How big is the inverter in watts?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Welcome.
    How big is the microwave in watts?  How big is the inverter in watts?
    Unknown since I do not own a 400, those two numbers are what I am asking about. Obviously on battery/inverter power you can't run indefinitely, but am wondering if you can even run the microwave at all?
  • Options
    LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    In my 2018 400, the factory inverter is a 1200/2400 and I got a small 700 watt MV from Wally's World. I heard or I thought I read somewhere the 2019 400 factory MV is a 900 watt unit.

For my setup, the inverter handles the MV just fine. But I rarely use it, but carry it in case it is need or want to use it. Ask me in about 1-2 weeks and I will know what a 2019 400 has for an inverter (but no factory MV)

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

• Options
    PJ123PJ123 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Y'All!! Ham,two days ago I asked Andy at nuCamp the same question about the inverter running the MW in the 2019.  His answer was a flat "No".  The inverter only powers the receptacle to the right of the kitchen area over the bed. The MW is an option and you can order a 400 with just cabinet in place as many do. Perhaps with a plug in Walmart MW you could make it work inverter-wise as the smallest WM MW is 700W. However in MHO the plug-in MW would just take up the space the cabinet provided in the first place and would just be something else to rattle around.

Just my take tho.  See you guys around the camp fire..        Pete

Pete & Jeanne 2019 T@B red and grey 400 Boondock Lite..TV 2015 Nissan Frontier, Southern Louisiana
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I think it's so cool that NuCamp folks are so aware of those who use CPAPs and need the receptacle. They never cease to amaze me!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2018
    PJ123 said:
    Hi Y'All!! Ham,two days ago I asked Andy at nuCamp the same question about the inverter running the MW in the 2019.  His answer was a flat "No".  The inverter only powers the receptacle to the right of the kitchen area over the bed. The MW is an option and you can order a 400 with just cabinet in place as many do. Perhaps with a plug in Walmart MW you could make it work inverter-wise as the smallest WM MW is 700W. However in MHO the plug-in MW would just take up the space the cabinet provided in the first place and would just be something else to rattle around.

Just my take tho.  See you guys around the camp fire..        Pete

I asked a similar question during the planning stages of our400.  We initially were going to go with the MW oven but were glad we eliminated it from the build as we like the extra cabinet space.  MW’s are fine but their use is limited and space is at a premium.  I use the inverter for my CPAP unit and we consider the 400 a well-built, well thought out trailer with all the amenities.  When friends and family members step inside they are amazed and in awe of the beautiful surroundings, recessed lighting, luxury and living space within it.  The only thing I might change is the table, and make it a hinged leaf to allow for added seating for others at the front should the table be in the seated position.  We absolutely love this trailer!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    our solution for the Micro wave space usage in our 400.  The MW rest on a removable table for use and when we use the bed, it is placed on the cutting board over the stove.  We probably use the MW for most of our reheating of already prepared food items.  This is the first enhancement and has since bee altered a little, but still the same concept.  Not for everyone, but works great for us and allows the max usage of counter space.  We probably will never use the stove as we have the MW, induction cook top and Small convection oven for our cooking.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab