Front Window Screen Problem

So as I am "playing" with everything in my 7 day old new t@b to see how everything works and getting familiar with everything, I noticed the front window screen won't click shut when pulled up.  Side windows work perfectly so definitely something going on.

Anyone experience this before?

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Jersey Which T@B model/year do you have?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• JerseyJersey Member Posts: 21
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,509
    @Jersey I’ve found that sometimes I need to help it a bit. Otherwise they work well for me. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    You might try pulling both screen and shade together in the middle. Snap together then raise or lower.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,538
    I'm not sure what you mean by "click shut." I've never noticed any kind of click or other locking mechanism on my 2015--the shades/screens just stay where you put them.
    Is the design different on newer models?
    2015 T@B S

• JilongJilong Member Posts: 87
    The plastic doohickey in the middle of the top edge of the bottom shade should snap/connect with the bottom edge of the top screen so that they stick together. That how all of the windows in my 400 work.
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • JilongJilong Member Posts: 87
    You might try pulling both screen and shade together in the middle. Snap together then raise or lower.
    This is my advice as well.
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,509
    @Jilong that’s the technical term I was looking for... doohickey! Thanks!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    ScottG said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "click shut." I've never noticed any kind of click or other locking mechanism on my 2015--the shades/screens just stay where you put them.
    Is the design different on newer models?
    Yes. Sort of. The screen now comes with do-dads that clip the shade and screen together. So, if I lower the shade, the, screen moves at the same time.Your 2015 probably did not come with a front opening window, either, and likely only has a shade for the front.

The one thing that I have noticed with the screens and shades is that they work better of I use 2 hands. One ha ded use seems to move them unevenly. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Our Outback, Boondock, built in January 2015 has a front window that opens.  No clicking though. @jkjenn, are the doodads magnetized, resulting in that “click” connect?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,538
    Yep, my front window does open and has both the screen and shade. No clips, however, but I know what you are talking about.
    It wasn't clear to me if that was the "click" @Jersey was referring to, or if there is some other catch of some sort within the screen frame unit itself.
    2015 T@B S

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    I will see if I can take a photo...that of course means venturing out into the rain...by the way, we will likely skim past the record for wettest year on record here, in Pittsburgh. I am long overdue for some western bluebird skies...

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    @Jersey , I have the same T@B year and model as you.  If I am understanding your question correctly, if you are referring to the clicking sound made by the plastic catch in the middle of the top edge of the blind/screen, try bending that clip slightly (and gently) toward you as you connect it with the other blind (or screen) and see if that works.  That is what I did to make sure the two lock together.  (My camper is in storage right now.  Otherwise I would go try to see if I could replicate the issue you are having with it.)  Good luck.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I have found that the curved front window, I need to seperate them to move them easily, and yes I need to used both hands to avoid moving it unevenly. The side windows slide up and down together easily.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    Here's a pic of the infamous plastic doohickey.  The curved upper portion of the clip is what I was referring to earlier re pulling it (with your finger tip) slightly toward you, both to release and engage (click) the clip.  But, the advice from others to use two hands when sliding the blinds up or down is well taken.  I noticed that the side window shades have two strings that run vertically in the shade material, while the front curved window does not include those strings.  I wonder if that might have something to do with what @Jersey encountered?

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)