Options

Monitors for fresh, grey and black tanks

Does anyone know which system is used to monitor especially the black and grey tanks?  Is it the common probe inside of the tank... you know, the ones that constantly give you false readings because of something caught on the probe... or is it like the SeeLevel II System which uses sensors outside of the tanks that never get fouled??  Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,433
    I think all the systems installed to date are SeeLevel II.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    Oh, I hope so.  I thought I saw a fabrication photo showing screws with wires on a holding tank.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    I thought that there was use of another tank monitor, at least for some TaBs.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Believe both types of tank monitors have been used over the years & models.  Pictures of earlier T@B show the in-tank-probe style control panel.  At some point SeeLevel external sensor control panels showed up in the pictures.  Then for 2019 model year it looks like they have returned to in-tank-probe monitors.  Something about too many field repairs on the external sensor installation - - -

My unit has a SeeLevel & it was one of the T@B selling points for me.  So I for one think returning to the in-tank-probe is a step backward for nuCamp.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2019
    I've attached the portion of the users guide I'm working on that addresses the Convenience Center.  After talking with KIB, I confirmed what was installed in my 2019 T@B 400 and they provided a generic M-series PDF how to troubleshoot/debug it along with a generic wiring schematic.   In case this is of help to you, I've attached it here.   While it includes information on electrical testing, please ignore that and let the dealer or an electrical professional handle it should the problem get to that point.  Mostly, these things just need a good cleaning which this PDF covers.
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,433
    Ok @pflasch, I take it back! Glad some owners who actually have these contraptions chimed in. For me, checking the fresh water level involves a flashlight and a set of knee pads...  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    edited January 2019
    The SeeLevel system was the first tank monitor used which consist of external pads.  The KIB system is the second and it uses internal tank electric contacts.  They were hoping for more accuracy.  Is the KIB only in the 400?  Which year?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio