Options

Side Tent

I have a 2018 T@B 320s and I'm looking to buy a used side tent that fits on a 2007 320 does anyone know if it will fit

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Are you thinking about buying a Pahaque side tent? Since a 2007 T@B was built by Dutchman, maybe one of the DM T@B owners will chime in. Otherwise, you can call Elsie in parts at NüCamp and ask her on Monday, or perhaps ask Pahaque. You can find nüCamp numbers in their category on the left, Elsie’s Extension is 304.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    SusanTSusanT Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. I think I’ll do that 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    You’re welcome. Someone could still respond re their own side-tent. Good luck.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    All side tents should fit all years.  The exception is the CS.  Paha Que makes a side tent specifically for the CS.  The Thermarest, however, isn't a good fit for a CS, but some make it work. I'm not sure how the height of the Boondock model effects the rooms, if any.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Crystal, so the 2007 model is likely a Thermarest?  Those are great tents!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SusanTSusanT Member Posts: 6
    what is the difference between a clamshell and a non clamshell? 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @SusanT, a clamshell trailer has the big tailgate type door that opens and a full galley kitchen across the back, open to the outdoors. A standard 320 has a much smaller kitchen inside across the front. Most  standard t@b trailers have a bathroom in the front anymore, which means the inside kitchen is squeezed between the bathroom and door. To accommodate  the full galley kitchen in a clamshell, the trailers have a different shape and silouhett, and that's why the tent/room is made for a specific models, standard, clamshell and now boondock, which has a different ground clearance, and thus a specific tent. Hope this helps. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options

Clamshell - big tailgate door, flat floor line, etc.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options

Standard shape, rounded rear floor line.
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    We have a 2018 320 CS-S and the Walker side tent.  We were told when we ordered the Walker that it wasn't designed for the "boondocks" but we went ahead.  Everything fits and we can usually install the tent in about 30-mins, the issues are the sides and the tent section that covers the wheels.  The boondock sits higher, so the sides of the tent don't reach fully to the ground where you can fold in the rain flaps and lay them under the floor.  I've attached a picture from our recent camping trip to highlight my point (and yes I forgot the doors for our tent when I packed up, a fact my wife still reminds me about). 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Standard shape, rounded rear floor line.
    Awesome, @dragonsdofly !  There’s a special place in my heart for her ❤️
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @SusanT, if yours is not a clamshell, then the Thermarest will fit, otherwise it won't, because it depends on the standard Tab kedar rail setup. The clamshell is different that way.

As @Sharon_is_SAM said, the Thermarest is great!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    @Blueespy I love the Walker and can’t wait to order one. We have a Boondock model but I was told the current tents will fit.  We are getting the one with the window screens. Did you order yours from All Pro?
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.