Announcement from Scott Hubble, CEO, concerning the parts ordering

nuCampnuCamp Administrator Posts: 22
edited June 2019 in Factory Comments

Comments

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks Scott for the Information.  No better family than the NU Camp Family!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • StratmanStratman Member Posts: 5
    I cant get the letter!!!!! I SURE WOULD LIKE TO !
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @Stratman, what platform are you using? Tablet? PC? And what operating system (Android? IOS? Windows? MacOS?) and what browser?

If you can give us details about your difficulty downloading the letter, we might be able to help.

For me (Android tablet), I tapped on it and it downloaded and then I opened the PDF file with my PDF viewer.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Maybe this will help out....

Dear nüCamp Family,

First and foremost, I want to thank you for being a part of the greatest community of people to which I have ever been a part! The nüCamp family is something that has come together over the past several years, and continues to grow, in large part because of the friendships that you have with us and the way in which we treat people. We are certainly not blind to that fact. Our community is the most loyal and loving family that we could ever imagine. We are truly blessed!

Over the past 9 years, we have had to make decisions to change the way in which we do business because of the tremendous growth we have experienced. Sometimes we have done that begrudgingly and other times we have moved forward extremely excited.

The reason I am writing this open letter to the community is due to the questions and concerns with the new parts policy that went into effect 2 weeks ago. We knew there would be some apprehension and there are certainly challenges that come with a move like this.

I have spoken directly to a number of our nüCamp family and wanted to address some of the concerns.

 nüCamp is cutting itself off from the community.
    o This is the one that is of greatest concern to me. Rest assured, we aren’t going anywhere. Access to Elsie, Whitney and the rest of the team here is unchanged. You can call us whenever you want - for whatever you want. We are here to help and support you.
    o What the new part ordering process means is that we won’t be engaging on the front end, but we are still there on the back end.

 Dealers will charge outrageous prices and/or give poor service.
    o Parts have always had a mark-up associated with them. The prices you see now won’t be significantly greater than they ever were in the past. The two exceptions would be price increases due to resources (ie. Tariffs on aluminum) and if the part was also being installed by the dealer. At that point, obviously, there would be a labor component.
    o As we are growing, we are also refining. We are not interested in just having dealers – we want partners. Partners are extensions of who you are and what you do. Partners represent your best interest. This gives us an opportunity to further educate our dealers, so they know our parts, products and nüCamp better. Elsie and the team are prepared to invest into those relationships.

 Getting a part is more difficult now.
    o Buying a part will still be processed the same way as before.
     Step 1. Identify and order the desired part from the dealer you choose. A phone call is then placed to ANY dealer of your choosing - You could live in Miami and order it from Kansas City or Seattle.
     Step 2. The part will be drop shipped by nüCamp to whatever location the client desires. (It does not need to go the dealer.)
    I trust that this information has been helpful. We are here for you, so please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns – related or not. Going forward, this does not change who we are, the access you have or the value we place on you as a member of the nüCamp family.

Sincerely Yours,

Scott Hubble, CEO
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    This does bring one question to me, since the closest dealer I have for me is more than 5 hours away, will ther be an online parts list available in order to porperly identifiy the parts I need when I need one?  Not something I would like to try to do over the phone, and certainly not willing to drive 5 hours for a part that will tyen need to be shipped to me.

My previous dealer used to be on my way, but something happen (some bad mouth says that the other dealer wanted exclusivity for the brand ( and since they were more that 3000$ more for same trailer, It could be true) this dealer is now the only one for the entire province of quebec, witch is about as large as the entire north east of the US.  So a parts list and suggested retailer price could be nice from Nucamp and a little competition between dealers as well.

i think this need to be address in order to offer a smouth transition.  I might like a product, but when owning one does not make anymore sence, I have a tendency to look elswhere.

hope I will jot have to do so in the future.  A camper that wants to be happy!  :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • BenitaBenita Member Posts: 6
    I have to say nucamp is really an impressive company that offers truly unique and highest-quality product.I don't think the dealerships come anywhere close to understanding the completely magical quality of the product...and seem somewhat nonplussed even about simple things like the Alde system. Sigh!
    Nucamp has give the dealerships a tough act to follow. Unless they are "true believers" you feel as if the dealers are the weak link in the system. I don't know much about much, but I just know that I smile whenever I even THINK about my T@B, and sigh regretfully whenever I think about my dealership. They botched a wiring job from my SUV to the T@B and I spent all summer with wiring issues and fuese issues until my AAA service guy had to give me a jump because my car shorted out and he said..."Well, here's your problem..." JUst a really stupid, bungled job. Plus, the folks at the dealership don't know anything about T@Bs and could care less. Sigh! 
    I love my T@B, but I sure wish there were a dedicated T@B dealership exclusively!
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    NüCamp needs to hear from you about this dealer. I'm crossing my fingers that overtime, NüCamp's level of customer service will spread to the dealers they work with. When we go to a dealer, I'll be touting their service so the dealer understands, regardless of the number of TABs they have on the lot, exactly what I expect of them. Can't hurt.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Posting here is not going to come to NüCamp's attention.

An e-mail to NüCamp's "Dealer Coordinator", who ever that is, is in order.  I don't see that individual listed in the contact thread.  Can that be added?  It would be reassuring to many of us.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    I have read numerous posts where a warranty item was shipped to thrvowner for them to install. This would avoid a trip to the dealer for the owner.
    How would this be handled? I can't see dealers wanting to handle this situation for free.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I would contact the nuCamp warranty department to determine the necessary parts/work.  They may ask you which dealer should provide the parts/work.  If you are doing the install, then the dealer drop ships the parts to you.

From Scott’s letter above:
     Step 1. Identify and order the desired part from the dealer you choose. A phone call is then placed to ANY dealer of your choosing - You could live in Miami and order it from Kansas City or Seattle.
     Step 2. The part will be drop shipped by nüCamp to whatever location the client desires. (It does not need to go the dealer.)

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    I would contact the nuCamp warranty department to determine the necessary parts/work.  They may ask you which dealer should provide the parts/work.  If you are doing the install, then the dealer drop ships the parts to you.

We are still at the same problem.  How do you identify the parts if the dealer is 8 hours from you and no parts schematic is available?

• DWebb308DWebb308 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you Scott.  New Tab 320 owner.  Excited to learn more about the product and have fun.
    DWebb308
    North Alabama 
    2018 Tab 320 S Boondock 
    2004 Toyota Sequoia 
  • Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Scott, y’all work so hard on our behalf. Have we told you lately how much we appreiate it? If not, we really do! See you in June! 
    Amanda
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• alanericksonalanerickson Member Posts: 15
    So if one of their "partners" doesn't want to deal with a nucamp rv owner because said owner didn't purchase it from them, what is nucamp's stand on that?
    It really seams that nucamp have set-up their mind of not give any more direct service to the trailer owners.  

Even the moderators seams to have got the word from Nucamp about not comenting on this.

edited February 2019
    Luckyj said:
    It really seams that nucamnop have set-up their mind of not give any more direct service to the trailer owners.  

Even the moderators seams to have got the word from Nucamp about not comenting on this.
    That's flat out false Luc, nuCamp hasn't informed or instructed us to not comment on their policy and they don't operate in that manner anyway, quite the opposite as they welcome and look for input and constructive feedback from owners and customers. 

As moderators and administrators for the company owned forum areas we all have lives, families, etc. and time constraints too.  And inasmuch as we sympathize or acknowledge your views (and as time permits), pass along feedback back to company personnel, etc. It goes back to the old "beating a dead horse" adage because there isn't a lot we as unpaid volunteers can do, but listen, help out and move along. 

We are certainly here to help out, we understand your angst and frustration, but rather than post or vent here on the forum, your questions, suggestions and opinions would be more effective if you emailed nuCamp directly.  

Hello Mike

sorry if you felt that. Am venting, but I am not.  I am simply replying to a tread satrted by "NuCamp" that made an annoncement.

and in the past, you all have prove (the moderators) that you were a good link to Nucamp brying furom members and Nucamp costumers answers.

If I talk of write to Nucamp, I am just one vioce, if we comment here, we are many voice on the forum that was created for the NuCamp costumers.

this is my vision.  An again, I am not venting, I am communicating.  At least I think I am.

Luc Levesque, a canadian Nucamp product owner.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    By the way, Scott Hubble, CEO of nüCamp did provide the above response to some of the questions and responses that were brought up. 

Please read the the above from Scott Hubble. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Not sure I get this right.

-Bying parts will still be processed the same way as before.

Step 1 identifiy and order the desirerd parts form the dealer you choose.  A phone call is then place to any dealer of your choosing.

so, I call Nucamp and identifiy the parts with them and they will place a call to the dealer I choose.

good thing I went back to read this, I am just a little more confused.

this is not the same way. as it was before.

before, it was.  Hello Nucamp.  My dealer is closed for the season, I need this, ok, we will take care of it.  Thank you, have a nice day and the parts was on my door step.

one thing with me, right now, I see no good point to this.  We used to have 2 dealer in the province of Quebec.  This means over priceditems for simgle ordering parts, custom and often twice the shipping.  One was on my way every other week, the other is 5 hours away.  Yep, Quebec is about tye size of Texas and was sealing the same trailer 3000,00$ more.  Different market.

the closest one can no longer sell NuCamp, they went ahead with little guy.

i will have to give this a try when I need it.  One thing is sure, if I get good result, I will come back hear and apologize and say I was wrong and that Nucamp is again a great company oriented to customer support.  But if it is a nightmare, I will also come here and talk about it.  Just so other customer can learn and make there own opinion about ordering parts.  And since new camp does not run the forum and the mods do not work for Nucamp, we should be able to talk and exchange about it in a respectfull way.   ;)

Your situation is unique up there in Canada for sure Luc.  Call Elsie Miller and am sure she will be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

And you know your suggestions and feedback are always welcome here on rhe forum.  Would enjoy seeing a current photo of your trailer up there today too.   =)
  • BonBon Member Posts: 1
    I love my T@b! I've had quite a few trailers and this is by far my favorite. I bought it used last summer from a dealer. Bad experience. Than I had to deal with another issue with a dealer and again bad service. I understand what NuCamp is doing but hope that their dealers get educated and offer the level of service that NuCamp and T@B owners deserve.   
    edited April 2019
    Your situation is unique up there in Canada for sure Luc.  Call Elsie Miller and am sure she will be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

And you know your suggestions and feedback are always welcome here on rhe forum.  Would enjoy seeing a current photo of your trailer up there today too.   =)
    Some how, I am just not able to upload a pic right now.  Even a small saize version.  Might have to do with my I pad, will have to try with my computer.