Options

T@b 400 Power Center Addition

At the foot of the bed under the TV shelf is a diagonal panel that hides the wires to and from the TV and other services.  This modification puts new power services on that diagonal piece of wood.  These are a small panel trio with a 12v receptacle, an On/Off switch, and a DC voltage LED read out with built in USB charger.  This item I ordered from Amazon (http://a.co/d/9ow1MEJ ).  In addition, I added two T@b style specific 110v AC receptacles (one on shore power and the other on an inverter I added).  These items I ordered from the nuCamp Parts Dept (they are the best!).

Breaking a few rules, I wired the new 12v DC trio components directly to the battery, bypassing the Master ON/OFF switch.  The reason for this is because I now can use a solar panel on the bed and pick up enough sunlight through the back window to keep my battery topped off.  The solar panel is plugged into the 12v socket.  The Master ON/OFF switch stays OFF while in storage.  The USB charger helps to supply power to my Roku stick when we're streaming video to the TV.

Parts I ordered from nuCamp: new piece of diagonal wood panel in case I blew it or wanted to return to original condition.  Two Inprojal 110v receptacles and faceplate for a double 110v outlet.

1 ea 48-00-2974  FAWO - 2 Frame Slvr Electrical Plate (Tab400)
2 ea 48-00-2976  FAWO - 110 Outlet Blk (Tab 400)
2 ea 48-00-2977  FAWO - Security Cap For 110 Outlet (Tab 400) (covers the wires at the back)

These were really hard to find online... in case you are interested in the OEM for these parts.
https://www.inprojal.com/79/apg/87/Cover%20Plates.htm
https://www.inprojal.com/79/apg/127/International%20Sockets.htm

So... now I can power my CPAP on 110v or 12v with the machine sitting on the TV self.  I can trickle charge the main battery while in storage using light from the window.  All in all, a fun project.

thx
Billy
Lovin' our T@b Majal

The T@b Mahal
T@B 400 2018  |  Ford V8 2014  |  Rio del Mar, California

Comments

• Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Awesome addition. I use a CPAP as well. Do you sleep with your head toward the TV? Do you use a humidifier?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    TwoOwlsTalkingTwoOwlsTalking Member Posts: 7
    JeffroNC said:
    Awesome addition. I use a CPAP as well. Do you sleep with your head toward the TV? Do you use a humidifier?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff, thanks.  I sleep with my feet towards the TV.  The hose for my ResMed CPAP is long enough to reach all the way across, even to the slot at the end of the trailer.  My wife and I have a system for the prime spot - even day or odd day... we take turns.   ;)

I use a heated humidifier only when on shore power, I still keep water in the tub, nonetheless, when we're off the grid.

thx
    Billy
    The T@b Mahal
    T@B 400 2018  |  Ford V8 2014  |  Rio del Mar, California
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Thanks
    I can go without humidity for short periods but when the heat is on it gets tougher. Glad to know somebody is using their machine in the 400.
    J
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2018
    Nice looking mod and beneficial too!  I do the same as Billy.  I can use air on my Resmed out in the desert for extended periods of time and without any issues.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
    Where are you guys placing your CPAP machines in the 400?  We're going to look at one this weekend, and along with the bed, that is the second biggest concern.

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    My old Resmed fits in the small cubby under the sound system if I don't use the humidifier.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    SWickershamSWickersham Member Posts: 13
    How did you get the panel off that you put the plug in on?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    4 to 6 small screws hold the panel in place. They are square drive screws, as is used throughout the nüCamp Camper’s. You will need to have the bedding and mattress out of the way to get to the lower screws. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    At the foot of the bed under the TV shelf is a diagonal panel that hides the wires to and from the TV and other services.  This modification puts new power services on that diagonal piece of wood.  These are a small panel trio with a 12v receptacle, an On/Off switch, and a DC voltage LED read out with built in USB charger.  This item I ordered from Amazon (http://a.co/d/9ow1MEJ ).  In addition, I added two T@b style specific 110v AC receptacles (one on shore power and the other on an inverter I added).  These items I ordered from the nuCamp Parts Dept (they are the best!).

Breaking a few rules, I wired the new 12v DC trio components directly to the battery, bypassing the Master ON/OFF switch.  The reason for this is because I now can use a solar panel on the bed and pick up enough sunlight through the back window to keep my battery topped off.  The solar panel is plugged into the 12v socket.  The Master ON/OFF switch stays OFF while in storage.  The USB charger helps to supply power to my Roku stick when we're streaming video to the TV.

Parts I ordered from nuCamp: new piece of diagonal wood panel in case I blew it or wanted to return to original condition.  Two Inprojal 110v receptacles and faceplate for a double 110v outlet.

1 ea 48-00-2974  FAWO - 2 Frame Slvr Electrical Plate (Tab400)
    2 ea 48-00-2976  FAWO - 110 Outlet Blk (Tab 400)
    2 ea 48-00-2977  FAWO - Security Cap For 110 Outlet (Tab 400) (covers the wires at the back)

These were really hard to find online... in case you are interested in the OEM for these parts.
    https://www.inprojal.com/79/apg/87/Cover%20Plates.htm
    https://www.inprojal.com/79/apg/127/International%20Sockets.htm

So... now I can power my CPAP on 110v or 12v with the machine sitting on the TV self.  I can trickle charge the main battery while in storage using light from the window.  All in all, a fun project.

thx
    Billy
    Lovin' our T@b Majal

I"m sure this is OBE by now, but my 2019 has this plug. I wish it had a USB charging port as well.  I have a mini cpap and I plug it here, have the unit and hose on the floor by the bed and sleep with my head on the other side and everything works perfectly.  My wife hasn't had any issues getting up at night and tripping over the unit.  My hose is long enough that I think I may try and tug it in the side of the mattress for further protection/out of the way.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida