2020 T@b400's trickling in... ('20 MY changes, UPDATED!)

b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
Several changes I see from pics of the few that have arrived on dealer lots, some changes I'v seen previously documented, some not:

1) New (presumably faster-draining) bath sink, square

2) New Avia-style 'wand' shower head, single temp-control handle

3) Outlets near dinette moved below passenger-side cushion, looks like Dometic may now be mounted there (easier filter access?)

4) Exterior screen for Dometic A/C intake on front-left driver side is gone (and is not re-located to passenger side; perhaps bottom intake?)

5) Kitchen sink no longer has p-trap, giving extra storage room

6) Note the new flooring in the images that show the floor; hard to see, but definitely different than before, almost with a 'macro' cross-hatched appearance

Looking at a 5/18 delivery for our BDL, can't wait!

-J

2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
Jeff --Front Range of Colorado

Comments

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    The HEPVO valve (replacing the "P" trap) was a running change sometime last year. The rest are all 2020 changes. This looks like it was from a 400 with the larger 3-way fridge. I wonder if the dinette power outlet moves are the same for both larger and regular fridges, because there are differences in where the WFCO is installed (under the passenger side dinette cushion with the larger fridge).
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I wonder where the A/C intake and exhaust has gone?  The A/C must still be under the driver's side dinette seat.  Where else could it possibly be?
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited April 2019
    I’ve seen the shower wand in a recent 2019 BDL, but it had the rounded sink.
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    Other than appearance, I wonder what the new shower wand offers over the old one.  The sink looks like an improvement, though.  I'm wondering how to get a retrofit in.
    edited April 2019
    I wonder where the A/C intake and exhaust has gone?  The A/C must still be under the driver's side dinette seat.  Where else could it possibly be?
    I was wondering the same thing. I can't think they've changed to something besides the CoolCat without anyone knowing about it...
    And the CoolCat must be in the same area unless they did a major interior layout redesign, which I'm sure we would have heard something about.
    So where is the exhaust vent?
    Inquiring minds want to know!!

I do like the look without the large vent on the side however...
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    Thinking about the new placement of the DC and AC outlets in the passenger-side dinette bench - The location down low right at the front door seems like it will lead to whatever is plugged in and sticking out of those outlets to get kicked - a lot!
    I wonder where the A/C vent outlet has gone now the inverter and DC outlets are there?
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    My late 2019 build has that style shower wand and the HEPVO valve on kitchen sink, but sink and AC are the "old" version. I think the outlets there would impact storage on the models with two way fridge? The WFCO already is there on models with three way fridge and that storage space is gone anyway.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    My late 2019 build has that style shower wand and the HEPVO valve on kitchen sink, but sink and AC are the "old" version. I think the outlets there would impact storage on the models with two way fridge? The WFCO already is there on models with three way fridge and that storage space is gone anyway.
    The WFCO in the picture above is in the location used with the 3-way fridge...but the vent for the 3-way fridge is also missing from the picture of the side of 2020 unit. 
    So either the 3-way fridge vent has moved as well (where to?), or the 3-way fridge has been relocated (again, where to?), or the WFCO has been moved for the 2-way fridge to the same location as the 3-way?
  • 1968Healey1968Healey Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2019
    So I found this ad for a 2020 with pictures a few weeks ago:

https://www.parrisrv.com/product/new-2020-nucamp-rv-tab-400-std-dot-model-1021085-102

I didn’t notice that the WFCO had moved to under the couch area on a unit that clearly doesn’t have the three way fridge on the drivers side, but you can see it in these pictures as well.

Edit:  You’ve piqued my interest.  Here’s another 2020 listing:  

https://www.rvt.com/Nucamp-TAB-400-2020-Chippewa-Falls-WI-ID8590949-UX128707

So, on this one, the coolcat vent is gone on the outside of the Tab!  I also notice new vent holes inside under the bed, they look an awful lot like the coolcat vents.  I just don’t see an outside vent, so did they move the coolcat under the bed and the exterior vent underneath the trailer?

Oddly, I see the coolcat duct on one of the 2020 Tab’s (with a 3 way fridge, it’s in the virtual tour of the parrisrv link), but I don’t see ducts on either of the Tab’s with 2 way fridges.  It also seems like the Tab 400’s with the 3way fridge still have the coolcat under the drives side couch area.
    2020 T@B 400
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Seattle, WA
  • b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    Neither of the 2020 units I grabbed screenshots of had the 3-way fridge, and 1968Healey posted the link to the two listings I found. Odd that one of those trailers actually had the CoolCat intake on the driver side, and the other did not. 

Thanks to this thread now I know what a WFCO is, not that I know where it was on previous MY's... :) 
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    did not see any listing for the Cool cat!  also, listed as a 400 Standard.  Wonder if the A/C is now an option?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
    edited April 2019
    I have a 2020 T@B 400 order form from my local dealer, and included in the "Base Package" price of $33,713 is listed "Cool Cat A/C"...
    There is no model without A/C, or option to delete A/C, at least on the 2020 order form I got a few weeks ago.
    So this is becoming quite the mystery.
    I'm a little sad to see that the passenger side dinette storage is gone (with the WFCO moved there) even with the 2-way fridge - I already had plans for that space!!
    edited April 2019
    OK boys and girls, just got off the phone with NuCamp and I have some interesting (and possibly exciting) news!

1) WFCO and CoolCat locations have been swapped (for tongue weight considerations), intake for A/C is now on the underside.

2) Driver side dinette seat now becomes a hydraulic-assist storage area.

3) 'Boondock Edge' tongue platforms now being installed on 400 BDLs (see pic taken from the Edge, they don't have pics yet).

4) Lastly, and most importantly: Tongue weights have decreased substantially, nearly 40 lbs! The only question mark here is whether that number was weighed with or without the 'new' aluminum tongue platform (which is ~30 lbs). [Again don't quote me on this, but they should be releasing the info in the next week or two. Super-great news for those of us towing with 5k tow vehicles!]

I should hear back on Monday as to what was actually weighed, etc. They now have proper scales, and all new units will receive a yellow sticker with ACTUAL weights. 

Cheers,

Jeff

@b407driver
    Great info...thank you. Love the idea of the tongue platform, assuming the tongue weight isn't too heavy to use it for anything.
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    While I understand the move of the cool cat to the lower closet position, I wonder about the Noise of the cool cat and the vent being under the belly.  Would really monitor it for debris and dust.  I remember getting dust/ dirt under the 3 way in 320's from the road. (there is a vent under the fridge)  The weight balance will be nice though and I know that NU Camp will get it right!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    now i'm jealous and want a new one already-I have an early 2019-haha
    So I found this ad for a 2020 with pictures a few weeks ago:

https://www.parrisrv.com/product/new-2020-nucamp-rv-tab-400-std-dot-model-1021085-102

I didn’t notice that the WFCO had moved to under the couch area on a unit that clearly doesn’t have the three way fridge on the drivers side, but you can see it in these pictures as well.

Edit:  You’ve piqued my interest.  Here’s another 2020 listing:  

https://www.rvt.com/Nucamp-TAB-400-2020-Chippewa-Falls-WI-ID8590949-UX128707

So, on this one, the coolcat vent is gone on the outside of the Tab!  I also notice new vent holes inside under the bed, they look an awful lot like the coolcat vents.  I just don’t see an outside vent, so did they move the coolcat under the bed and the exterior vent underneath the trailer?

Oddly, I see the coolcat duct on one of the 2020 Tab’s (with a 3 way fridge, it’s in the virtual tour of the parrisrv link), but I don’t see ducts on either of the Tab’s with 2 way fridges.  It also seems like the Tab 400’s with the 3way fridge still have the coolcat under the drives side couch area.
    It would seem, for the ones with the A/C intake underneath the bed, that bed sheets or quilts hanging off the bed could block the intake slots in the cabinetry.
    Just got pics of our unit from nuCamp, and the new aluminum trays look great. Still waiting to hear back on confirmed weights...

• gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2019
    Hi - new to the forum and looking to buy a T@B 400.  Not sure if I should get a 2019 or a 2020 so based on info in this discussion I have a few questions.
    • Is this discussion saying the cool cat has been moved under the bed?  
    • If so is anyone concerned about having that thing rumbling under the bed?
    • I also see there is a hydraulic-assist storage area under the driver's side seat now.  What is that for and is is standard or optional?
    • All in all is sounds like the 2020 has less storage space?
    • Also saw a picture online that shows the rear access panel where the battery cutoff switch is but no batteries.  Did they get moved also?
    Thanks in advance on any info you all can provide.  
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
    I can't be certain of any of your questions until I receive it, but I think the CoolCat is now under the 'closet'. I personally think that there will be more storage space, as the seat on the driver side is much bigger than the passenger side. 

We shall see...
    edited May 2019
    gspdx, it's under the bed, no longer a CoolCat, and tongue weights have gone WAY down! More details here:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8865/new-owner-2020-t-b-400-bdl-w-solar-weights-pics/

I'm not too worried about it, but we'll be off-grid most of the time,
  • gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    Thanks for the update.  Read your other post and really appreciate all of the info.  
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
    We finally got our 2020 400 BDL on May 24, and one last change is that the fold-down part of the counter over the foot of the bed is now one piece, i.e. it is just part of the counter now and does not fold down.
    @b407driver do you have any documentation or know for certain the capacity of your fresh water tank?  The updated NuCamp website specs for the 400 now say a 22 gallon tank, which is a significant reduction in carrying capacity from 2019.
    I do not, I'd have to call them. I highly doubt they decreased they capacity, I'll bet it's a typo.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @TNOutback, the 400 tank capacity is still 30 gallons and fills to 30 gallons - no change.
    See https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9115/2020-t-b-400-fresh-water-capacity-change#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • 1968Healey1968Healey Member Posts: 64
    Well, some shameless self promotion here.

My wife and I had a bunch of questions about the 2020 TAB400 before we took delivery of ours over a month ago, so we put together a walkthrough tour of ours once it arrived (and we had a couple trips under our belt).  Hopefully this helps some other future or potential 2020 TAB 400 owners as well:

https://youtu.be/SGgYQPs_TrU
    2020 T@B 400
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Seattle, WA
    Hey @1968Healey !  I saw your YouTube video this weekend, and showed it to my wife yesterday.  You did a great job with your review and pointing out the updates.  We were particularly interested in seeing your video as our 400 on order is almost exactly like yours, except the contrasting stripe on ours will be blue, and will have a microwave oven.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Nice job!  How about your tongue weight once you load everything up?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio