Options

Alde system

Skim63Skim63 Member Posts: 5
? For a 2016 T@b.  After checking the battery &  fuses.  (for the Alde system ~ heat & hot water.)  Still no function...  What else can I check?  Thanks, Tom 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    edited March 2019
    We need more info.  What fuses -the Alde fuses or the 12v fuses in the breaker box?

Assuming you have it plugged into a 20 amp outlet with 120 v supply:

Have you confirmed function of the outlet (are your lights and other appliances working)?
    Is the Alde plugged into the outlet under the bench?  Is that outlet functional?
    Does it work on LPG?
    Is there glycol in the reservoir?

Does the Alde display work?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Is your battery cut-off turned to "on"?
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Thank you!  Checked off everything you suggested.  Taking it into the dealership.   Appreciate all the info!  Thanks again, Kim 
  • Options
    @Skim63 - have you read about the Alde circuit board failures?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Kim, there are two fuses inside the Alde itself that are known to be troublesome.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Could you tell me what kind of fuses to buy for the Alde heat & hot water system ....?  #, brand or size, I don't know where to start looking even.  Amazon, auto parts store, Walmart?
     Thanks in advance, Clueless 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2019
    Good question! 

The blade-type fuses in the converter under the bench seat are standard automotive fuses, so you can find them at an auto supply store. Make sure they are the same type (I believe they're ATC type, rather than ATO type)

The glass tubular fuses inside the Alde, you might be able to find an auto parts store, but I found them at an electronic supply store (online). Digikey.com is good. Again make sure you get the same size and type (the fuses supplied with our Tab were 'fast blow', but they may have been recommending lately to replace them with 'slow blow', I'm not sure). https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/163/fuse-inventory/p1
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Please check the category area under Electrical or search Fuses for Newbies.
  • Options
    NinabeanNinabean Member Posts: 68
    I’m having difficulty with my Alde Flow.  It is set up per manual instructions and the little icon stops flashing when the water should be at 140*.  Turned on pump and water comes out luke warm with an occasional hot flow for a nano second.  I’ve run it for 90 sec and still not hot. Faucet is full on hot.  Help!
    2019 T@b 400 “Hazel”   Towed with a 2013 Ford F-150 STX  4X4 SuperCab 5.0L
    table mod
  • Options
    I think your problem was addressed over on another thread - on to the mixing valve!