Options

No hot water out of taps

I I am not getting hot water out of the taps. When I first open the tap a second of hot water comes out then turns Luke warm then cold.  I did an air cushion bleed. The panel in the bath below the shower is scalding hot.  Temp on the service panel says water temp is 163*. So when I bled the system and water came out from the trailer bottom it was scalding. I have the mixing valve all the way to + side. What am I doing wrong to not get hot water out of the tap.
2019 T@b 400 “Hazel”   Towed with a 2013 Ford F-150 STX  4X4 SuperCab 5.0L
table mod

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    First item I would check - - - double check your valve positions to make sure you are 100% in Camping Mode and don't one or more valves still in By-Pass mode.
    Second, would search this forum for Mixing Valve information.  I Have no direct experience with that valve, do believe it can require more than just turning the knob when the mix is way out-of-correctness.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I think you were directed to this post earlier.  Check out the instructions for actually backing out the screw to adjust the mixing valve.  You can't just turn the mixing valve knob.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/2676/little-hot-water/p1

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NinabeanNinabean Member Posts: 68
    Thank you for your response.
    could you tell me which valves and where they are located that I need to check?
    i do have the big red valve in the correct position.  What others are there to check.
    table mod
  • Options
    Maybe someone with a 400 will chime in.  
  • Options
    Yes thank you Sharon I did read all the info in the link and we did discover the screw in the mixing valve.  We tried it and again worked the first time and 1 hour later it is back to cold.  We will keep adjusting the screw but I just don’t think that is the issue.
    are there any fuses that I need to be looking for?
    table mod
  • Options
    Well, I doubt that it is a fuse as your Alde is heating.  I am not sure what the big, red valve is - can you take a picture?  
  • Options

table mod
  • Options
    @MuttonChops could you tell me what valves you were referring to to indicate I am in full camping mode.
    table mod
  • Options
    There have been defective mixing valves that prevent the hot line coming from the Alde to enter and mix with the cold water.  I found some plumbing pictures from another thread.  It appears that your Bypass valve is functioning as you were able to get some hot water through the lines.  If your Bypass did not return to normal, only cold water would come from both hot and cold taps.  
  • Options
    So do you think it is possible I might have a defective mixing valve?  I could get both hot and cold water but now get cold water out of the cold tap and very mild Luke warm water out of the hot tap.
    table mod
  • Options
    Well, you had scalding water drain from the Alde already, so it isn’t the Alde.  Unlike the 320, the 400 only has one Bypass valve, so no other valves are involved and it sounds like you have figured out the drain valves.  

The only other thing I would ask, if you have adjusted the mixer using the screw appropriately, the memo in the above link discussed water temperature.  Make sure your Alde is completely filled (hot tap can run without sputtering) and let the Alde run over night if you can.  I would think even ice water would be hot by then.  If you can’t get hot water at that point, it is probably the mixer valve.  I read one other comment regarding the outside shower - make sure those valves are turned off.  

Sorry for your trouble.  Let us know what happens.
  • Options
    Ok I think we may be having some progress.  We have been really carefully adjusting the mixing valve and my husband says he can feel the temp increase in the water lines down by the valve just by touching the plastic lines. He has adjusted the screw numerous times now and we are getting the continuous hot water.
    i hope this is the fix.  We will check it tomorrow and see how it does.  Thank you again for your research and responses.  
    table mod
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Ninabean said:
    @MuttonChops could you tell me what valves you were referring to to indicate I am in full camping mode.
    I cannot answer your question, have only seen 320 plumbing.  @Sharon_is_SAM post (below) says there is only the one valve.  On a 320 there is the By-Pass and also a Cold Water Feed to the Adle.
     Unlike the 320, the 400 only has one Bypass valve, so no other valves are involved and it sounds like you have figured out the drain valves. 

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+