Switch Left of radio

I have a 2019 T@B 400 with the 3 Way fridge.  Can any one tell me what the button on the left hand corner above the control panel is for?  It is to the left of the radio. It is like a switch and has a green light embedded in it. It goes off and on when you tap the switch.
2019 T@b 400 “Hazel”   Towed with a 2013 Ford F-150 STX  4X4 SuperCab 5.0L
table mod

Comments

• grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    It is supposed to be a fan for the refrigerator.  I have never been able to confirm that myself.  There seems to be no difference in sound or function when it is on verses off.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • NinabeanNinabean Member Posts: 68
    Thank you for that info.  So I’m assuming you would turn the an on when you are in hot weather?
    table mod
  • ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    edited May 2019
    It runs the aux fan for the fridge, and must be on if you intend to run the fridge using battery, which is probably only while towing , or maybe if you run out of propane while boondocking. You can run the fridge on propane while towing, but having the propane line open while driving may not be the safest thing to do, and might even be illegal in some states (there’s another discussion ongoing on that topic already).  But as long as your battery is being charged while you tow, it seems that the fridge stays nice and cold while on 12v while towing as long as this switch is on.  If you set your fridge to the 12v option and shut this switch off, you’ll see your fridge will shut off (green light behind fridge power button turns red and display starts blinking). 
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
    edited May 2019
    Also, (and this is not a scientific observation), I think the 3way fridge seems to run colder on any chosen setting when this is on.  I think we pretty much leave it on all the time now. 

Thank you so much for that info!  I will turn it on and leave it on.  🙂
    table mod
  • davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    Most RVs with absorption type refrigerators don't have a 12V option so if you are not on shore power your fridge is using propane or it is off. The rule of thumb when refueling that sources of open flame like the refrigerator and the water heater be turned off. 
    @davel4wa I do not understand your last sentence .  I am presently dry camping and using propane to run the fridge.  Should the light be on or off.  Previous posters have said it should be on while on 12 v connection.
    table mod
    @ADRawli This morning while dry camping we ran out of propane and had to switch to 12 v DC power with the truck running.  I got the red light on and flashing because I did not have the switch up top on .  As soon as I turned on that switch the fridge went to DC power and panel quit flashing.  So I guess I now know it has to be on at least for DC power.
    table mod
    @Ninabean. Exactly.  On DC power, heat builds up in the back of the fridge around the coils and without the fan blowing back there, cooling will not happen.  The only thing I don't understand is why we need a switch.  Why can’t the fridge just be smart enough to know when it needs to apply the fan?  But, at least we know what the switch does.