Sharing my storage solutions

melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
edited May 2019 in Tips & Tricks

FYI: Here are storage additions in my T@b. Some ideas came from others on this forum! Thank you. 

1. A little shelf beneath rear cabinet for my glasses, cell phone, etc. at bedtime. A precut poplar board from Lowe’s and square-bend u-bolts. 

2. Stainless steel self adhesive hooks (Amazon) can be used upside down and sideways to keep things in place. 

3. Self-adhesive wire shelves (Amazon) on both kitchen walls hold coffee, cocoa, dry milk, sugar, etc. in plastic jars. (Talenti ice cream containers)

4. Over the cabinet door paper towel holder. 

5. Small white buckets from Ikea that clip onto Tab storage bin.

6. Closet shoe shelves (Amazon) in bathroom, on a spring tension rod. (Used Command strips to stick bottle caps on the wall as supports for rod ends.)

7. Hanging pockets outside of bathroom door hold lightweight kitchen items. (Towels, napkins, plastic bags, etc.)

Maybe more to come!

2017 Tab 320 S
2014 Mazda CX 5
Traveling very light to be kind to my transmission.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @melpeter, try museum putty!   It really works to hold things to the counter.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
    @melpeter, try museum putty!   It really works to hold things to the counter.
    I had no idea such a thing existed! Thanks! 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I have something similar to your number 6 and I think those bins will go flying when you’re on the road. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
    Marceline said:
    I have something similar to your number 6 and I think those bins will go flying when you’re on the road. 
    I might have gotten the idea for number 6 from you! I saw it somewhere on this forum. But the bins stay firmly attached on the road, over bumps and rr crossings. No problems. The clamp part is very strong and the balance must be adequate with weight resting against the shelf front. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • GumboAndBoo2GumboAndBoo2 Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone worry that hanging items on the shower door (item #7) places more stress on the hinges than nature intended and will hasten its demise?  I guess I'm not smart enough to come to my own conclusion...  ;)
    Jack + Grace + Gumbo (the dog) + Bubo (the other dog) + Alice the T@binator (2018 320 S)
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Does anyone worry that hanging items on the shower door (item #7) places more stress on the hinges than nature intended and will hasten its demise?  I guess I'm not smart enough to come to my own conclusion...  ;)
    I think that could be a valid concern if you were putting heavy stuff in there, but I think that most people put very light stuff (like the paper napkins in the photo).
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    That rear shelf is very inventive!

2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    DO those self adhesive kitchen shelves stay put?
    2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
    ELK said:
    DO those self adhesive kitchen shelves stay put?
    They do! No problems so far on my several short road trips.  The band of adhesive is large- maybe 5”x12” and the hooks holding the shelf are inset in that wide band. Also- again- I only put lightweight items in them. Lightweight jars of lightweight items. They weren’t cheap but it’s a pack of two. 

Orimade Shower Caddy Organizer Shelf Storage for Bathroom Stainless Steel Adhesive No Drilling - 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HVM1TT1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cTZ7Cb5MBMA2J
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
    I was concerned about that too but I’ll  make sure to use it for lightweight items as Marceline said.  Dish cloths, napkins, plastic bags, etc. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    That little shelf is pretty clever!! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 59
    Great ideas!  Where did you get the paper towel holder?  I've only seen photos of the towel holder being horizontal.  
    Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
    Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)
    ZippyA said:
    Great ideas!  Where did you get the paper towel holder?  I've only seen photos of the towel holder being horizontal.  
    I’m afraid it was in the used T@B when I bought it so don’t know where it came from. It has a bracket to hang over the cabinet door. I’m sure it must be sold on Amazon. 
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5