Firefox Spacing Issue Solved?

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
Many of you have noticed that forum posts made using the Firefox browser will automatically double any carriage returns. This long-known problem would result in extra spacing in final posts that were not visible in edit or preview modes.

In the last couple of days I've noticed this is no longer happening. Anyone else using Firefox seeing the same thing?

I've also noticed that the extra blank lines have disappeared from the hundreds of comments I've made where I intentionally did not double-space in order to circumvent this problem. And no, I'm not going back to put them all back in!  :-)
2015 T@B S

Comments

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    This post is made in Firefox.  Let's see how it looks when I am done typing...  I have been mildly annoyed by the spacing issue, but never sweat it too much.  Words and stuff for testing.  I've typed a few words now, let's try a new paragraph.

Here we go, a new paragraph.  How about that. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    Still still looks double to me. Using Safari on an iPad mini.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Does one dare to believe the weird spacing has been fixed.
    This line has ONE cr/lf from the above line. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

This line has TWO cr/lf from above.

= = =
    The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
    This line has ONE cr/lf from the above line. And the formatting has been hand edited using the " </> " HTML view feature.

This line has TWO cr/lf from above. How do the lines above & below the " = = = "?

WOW it worked correctly!  Both ways in the "Preview" now to try as a post . . . .
    firefox 67.04
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Thanks, @rkj__ and @MuttonChops. Your posts look to me as you have described and intended.

@Travelin3D, I'm not sure what you are seeing. To the best of my knowledge this was a Firefox specific issue. This post has seven sentences. There should be a double space between the second and third sentence. Previously, that would have appeared as a quadruple space. 
    2015 T@B S
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    Ahh, then it appears to be fixed. I misunderstood the problem from the description - thanks @ScottG
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Looks appropriate to me in android chrome browser.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    And it looks like the problem is back...
    2015 T@B S