TaB 400 Table Operation

cowboypetecowboypete Member Posts: 37
edited June 2019 in Factory Comments
My wife and I bought a new 2018 TaB 400 this year.  When we bought it the salesman lowered the table, but I have been unable to release the catches so that I can raise it.  Do you squeeze the catches or push them, my don't seem to want to move at all!   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Bob & Irene  2003 F150 V6-Manual
2018 TAB 400
Nashville, TN.

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You need to push down on the catches simultaneously and lift the table up off from the support bar.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • cowboypetecowboypete Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for your help.  I will try it in the A.M.
    2018 TAB 400
    Nashville, TN.
  • cowboypetecowboypete Member Posts: 37
    Michigan_Mike that did not work.  The latches DO NOT MOVE AT ALL!  I can push down on them as hard as I can and they do not budge.  Could the salesman have jammed them when he moved it originally.  If anyone has, have similar problems please let me know.  I am probably going to take the latch off just to see how it works at this point.  Thanks everyone.
    2018 TAB 400
    Nashville, TN.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There is a button on the underside of each latch. Push up on each and it will release.  It is best to push on both at the same time, as the table will become crooked and won’t release if you try one at a time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    There is also a small tab on the latch on the top side which, when pulled back (toward you) releases the table. You have to look closely (a flashlight helps) but if you peer into the gab between the back of the table and the rail, you'll see them. It's much easier than blindly trying to reach under the table for the button, which is very hard to slide as it's nearly flush with the latch itself. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    edited August 2019
    Perhaps a few pictures might help:

If you lift the table too much it will bind and the other latch will be very hard to push.  In that case just lower the table slightly until you can push the other button down.

This is what it looks like from below after the button has been pushed and the mechanism has released.

This what the mechanism looks like when the button has NOT been pushed--what it should look like from below when you have the table securely latched into one of the rails.

This is what MY table looks like and how it operates.  I don't have the tabs that need to be pulled back as mentioned in an above post.  Maybe nuCamp used different mechanisms?
    This whole exercise is awkward in the extreme and the table is heavy.  I'm tall so I lift the front of the table slightly and rest it on my thighs while I am fussing with the little fiddly buttons.  A lighter table would help and several people have modded theirs.
  • bellimagesbellimages Member Posts: 28
    I LOVE the design of the Tab400 table. That said, removing the table is tricky, due to the weight of the unit. They didn't need to use such a thick slab of particle board. I'm sure that MANY people have smashed their fingers trying to remove the table up, or down. Every time I put the table up/down, I think of the added weight to the overall weight of the 400. They could have spared some pounds here and there in my opinion

2018 Tab 400
    Nissan Frontier PRO-4X (4.6 liter automatic)
    Roof mounted solar panels
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited January 2022
    They did, instead of the two layers of 3/4 furniture grade MDF  (this is not standard particle board, much denser and made from hardwood bits and bobs) in the first version, for 2021 they went with a single layer thinner table, much lighter than the original table.  I ordered one from NuCamp for our TaB400.  Cost form the table is $119, plus tax and shipping.
    cheers.
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • SydmargoSydmargo Member Posts: 23
    Has anyone replaced these clips. I have one that is not seating properly