Options

Who uses a tank rinser rod?

Anyone use one of the tank rinsing rods and have you been happy with the performance?  Do you use one of the swivel ones or the straight rod?  Do you also use one of those flush valve props that holds the toilet valve open?
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    I have one on a flexible hose with a spinner head on it.  Works good.  I got it at Camping World because I had a $20 coupon, but Walmart sells same one at half the price.  I just hold the flush valve open on toilet with water pump off when cleaning.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    We need to devise a prop because using our fixed sprayer is awkward while holding the flush valve open. Other than that, it appears to work well.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @lkc001, I use the Camco Swivel Stik.  It has worked well for me.  I like that it has a shut-off valve on the handle.  I do the same as @GatorEgg (i.e., hold toilet valve open with water pump off.)  It also helps after dumping the black water tank and getting ready for long term storage, to fill the tank with fresh water first and let it all flush out before spraying with the swivel stik.  (Available at Amazon or Wal*Mart.)

https://www.amazon.com/PS-Camco-Flexible-Swivel-Stick-Holding/dp/B0754JCX3T/ref=sr_1_6?crid=BERDZX3WX8KN&keywords=swivel+stick+for+rv+toilet&qid=1566966512&s=gateway&sprefix=swivel+stick%2Caps%2C710&sr=8-6
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Is there one with a camera, so you can see if it's doing the job? 🤔 ;)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    ChanW said:
    Is there one with a camera, so you can see if it's doing the job? 🤔 ;)
    If you accidentally pull the stick out too far while on you’ll wear whatever is left in the tank.  Don’t ask 😒
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @ChanW well, if they invent one it sure would let you see if you got it clean!  @GatorEgg LOL
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thanks @lkc001. Darn it, one more item to carry which needs to be sequestered. I may have to move up to a 6 gallon bucket because tha 5 gallon just accommodates the 15’ hose and elbow.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @jgram2 Right??   Yea, the people here on this site have caused me to add stuff to my Amazon cart too  :D
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    I use it, does it work? No clue
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    My question is, where the heck do I store the thing? And how do I clean it after use? Still debating between this and going with a Flush King instead.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    This is where I store my Swivel Stik (in the aluminum tub.)  There really isn't much of an issue of it getting dirty, unless you submerge it in the liquid/waste, which isn't what it is designed for.  The idea is to spray gunk off the tank walls.  Storing the valve prop is another issue, because it is more likely to get gunk on it.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    edited August 2019
    @VictoriaP. I have the flush king also—  I thought it was doing an amazing job until this last weekend when I dumped— then two days later I wanted to put a little dish soap in the grey tank with some more water let it sit awhile & dump the grey tank again— when I went to unscrew the sewer cap to put on the sewer hose @ 1/2 cup of really smelly sewer water spilled onto the ground— no solids or paper but it was from the black tank for sure.  I used the flush king at my last dump & backflushed 3 times & that water was clean& clear!  I was really happy with that flush king because it was super easy to use but maybe I didn’t leave the water on long enough to fill up the tank more before I  back flushed?  I’m going to keep a closer eye on it next time I dump but wanted to see how others liked the stick sprayer.  Flushking is much faster 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Bayliss said:
    This is where I store my Swivel Stik (in the aluminum tub.)  There really isn't much of an issue of it getting dirty, unless you submerge it in the liquid/waste, which isn't what it is designed for.  The idea is to spray gunk off the tank walls.  Storing the valve prop is another issue, because it is more likely to get gunk on it.
    Thanks @Bayliss, didn’t think about the tub as a storage option. The valve prop linked above is appears meant to attach onto the stick in a semi permanent mount using screws, so that complicates the storage issue. The other prop I’ve seen doesn’t accommodate the swivel head.

@lkc001 The Flush King with gate valve is most effective when you close the attached gate valve, leaving the trailer valve open, and then fill the tank almost full each time. I think it’s FitRV on youtube who has videos testing a number of these devices and some of the built in tank sprayers (along with the ice cube myth, which is ineffective).
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @VictoriaP yes, I know how the gate valves work on the flushking--I'm just saying that a small amount of dirty liquid evidently made it's way to the cap on the dump pipes & collected there and I have not had that happen before.  But this trip the black tank was also the fullest it's ever been before I dumped.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The 400 has the built in spray nozzle but I have used the wand in our old 320 and also in the 29’ Forest River out in AZ with good results.  Use an enzyme based toilet additive, add in some dish soap and Downy fabric softener and things are much easier.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ