Options

Finished my Double Twin Mod with home made table.

Finally finished my double twin bed mod, made a larger table and covered the Velcro on the wall where the cushions were with little signs and magnets with the furry Velcro side attached to the back. The signs were from Hobby Lobby and weren’t quite wide enough to cover all the Velcro stapled to the wall, so I made the little wood slat, drilled a few holes with string to cover all the Velcro. The Beds are a very comfortable setup. I used 2” gel infused memory foam, I ordered 2 Fundango child size twin sleeping bags from China on eBay. They are the perfect size 28” wide by 72” long. Cut the foam to fit and it works great.I also got a great deal at Kohls on Serta heavy quilted mattress covers in twin and used elastic sheet clips to pull the gap up underneath cause the mattress covers don’t come in that small child’s twin size. Did the same with the fitted sheets, all in all with the foam,sleeping bags,Matt cover, and sheets there’s a lot of cushion, very comfy.  This gives us so much more room to get up and do your business, sit and eat at the table, etc. Dakota our Dog has her little bed in the center back where she likes to sleep, kind of under the cabinets. Hope this may help some with ideas like teztab got me going. Thanks Marty

Comments

• Options
    greggillgreggill Member Posts: 45
    Really really nice. Love the table to. Did you make it? Out of what kind of wood?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @51chevy, are you using the child size sleeping bags to contain the memory foam?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TBullardTBullard Member Posts: 20
    Nice.  Any chance you can post the link to the sleeping bags?  I cannot seem to find the size that you used.
    Range Rover Sport HSE TV - Charlotte, NC
  • Options
    51chevy51chevy Member Posts: 31
    The Sleeping bags item number I purchased is this #192918300992 on ebay. Great Seller on Beijing. Should lead you to the items. Their a couple inches longer and wider than I stated ,still work great as you can see size wise their 74.8x 29.5. I guess when you use a tape on something like a sleeping bag it’s hard to get exact measurements. Yes I just cut the foam to fit and it makes a nice little mattress. The bags are very nice name brand quality, not knock offs, have Velcro zipper pull cover, double zippers. They can be ordered in left and right zipper openings, I got one left and one right even though it’s not really necessary. It states 9 left in the listing as of now. The Table is made from Brazilian Canary Wood,Walnut,Ash,and Maple. I had remnants from my Band Saw box woods. The price of the bags was 28.00 and change each. Glad you liked it. Msrty
  • Options
    sbhtennissbhtennis Member Posts: 67
    My table is attached on  a bracket on the  wood panel on the drivers  side. Do you know if I can just unscrew the bracket  and mount  it on that rear sofa  panel. Then I can reproduce your design. It sounds like you just added the memory  foam  onto the  cushions of the T@B.   Did you make  base wider with any wood extensions ?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited November 2020
    @sbhtennis - 51Chevy has not logged in since August.  You can easily relocate the Lagun mount on the front of the rear bench panel.  Just like 51Chevy.  Just open up the under bench area and decide where to attach it.

It sounds like he just laid the mattress pad covered memory foam on top of the TaB cushions.  Otherwise, since there would be a step down from the rear bench cushions.  Also, if you expand the photo, you can see the bed extension that widens the bench.

Here is another view of his bench mod.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9398/just-finished-a-couple-upgrades-photos-attached#latest

Photomom has a very easy way to widen the bench and you would not even need to hinge it, just cut a larger board.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio