2019 Tab 400 BL Under the 2-Way Fridge Drawer Removal?

NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
There appears to be something stuck causing our 2019 Tab 400 BL's storage drawer under the fridge to not close completely. It gets down to the last inch, but won't secure. Can someone explain exactly how to remove the drawer? I tried with various tools to see what's there to no avail, so drawer removal is preferable at this time. Thank you!
Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
2019 T@B 400 BL
2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

Comments

• NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Hmm... This may be the same issue as https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8774/help-appreciated-400-drawer-catch-issue, but I would still need to remove the drawer to get to it. TIA. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @NorthIsUp
    There are small tabs or levers on the drawer glides.  pull the drawer all the way out and move the levers to release the stops.  Since the drawer glides are manufactured without a "hand" one lever will move up and the other will move down.  The left hand lever needs to move up and the right hand side needs to move down.  As you move the levers slightly slide the drawer out to get past the catch.  The left lever is easy to reach but there is no room for a hand on the side next to the bed unless you have long, small fingers.  Use a small rod or screw driver to push it down.  Putting the drawer back is easy;  just line the two pieces of each glide on each side and slide the drawer closed.  The glides should slide easily.  If there is any binding you don't have the two pieces of the drawer glide properly aligned.

I actually reached under the drawer to access the right side. Quick and easy. Thanks for taking the time to add the photo!
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

@falcon1970 I popped open the latching mechanism with a flat head screwdriver so that I could use it on a trip that started the day after I posted this. It's been working properly (opening and closing) since then. No replacement needed. Thanks, again. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Yep, that issue sounds exactly like my issue (link posted by you above).  My latch sitting behind the drawer would close itself when the drawer was pulled out, and then restrict the hook mechanism on the drawer itself from entering properly when trying to close (last 1/2 inch).  I did a manual reset a couple times by reaching in and pulling the little latch out manually, and I could then close the drawer fully once, then it would always lock again closed upon opening the drawer.   I must have over pulled it, as eventually something inside gave way and I could no longer get it to open and stay open even manually. Just keep in mind that the offending part is real easy to procure from Amazon and really not that expensive, and pretty easy to install.  If yours gives you more trouble, don’t even mess with it, just replace it.  Ours has worked fine since.  I can’t recall for sure, but I think the only “tricky” thing was that it required a T2 driver, like nearly every other screw on the trailer.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    I had an issue with the drawer not closing properly under my fridge. it turned out it was catching on a screw securing the rail poking out.
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I had a drawer latch that failed internally also.  I pulled it off intending to replace it.  While I was waiting for a new latch to arrive I discovered that the drawer glides have enough stiffness to keep the drawers closed even during the whoop-do-doo's I have mentioned elsewhere.