New Avia Owner and Axels

DemomanDemoman Member Posts: 4
edited October 2020 in Trailer & Towing
Greetings from Minnesota. I joined this site last week hoping to find some information on the new Avia.
After visiting our local Nu Camp dealer for the third consecutive Saturday we decided to buy 31 Avia to be built.
I’m curious how the Avia owners will be received on this forum.

2020 Avia 4” lift. TV 2018 F-150 6.5 bed w/3.5 EcoBoost & max tow package. 

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Demoman, you’ll be welcomed, just as we welcome everyone else.

You’ll be teaching us about the Avia and you’ll probably have to get with Creed at tech@nucamprv.com for a guide to your winterization. ScottG will put the Avia winterization info in the Manuals category for those Avia owners who come after you.  And, we don’t have knowledge about your rooftop A/C unit, so you can teach us about that one. I toured the Avia at üCamp 19 this past June and it’s pretty. I’ll stick with my T@B 400 as it is just my size. 

Welcome!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Correct me if I am wrong @Verna, but Demoman is our first Avia owner (soon to be owner).  Not sure if the Demo in Demoman means demolition or not, but I think in this case it means demonstrate, and we will want you to tell it all!  Welcome (and I am envious of that beautiful trailer)!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Demoman Welcome! It’s becoming increasingly important to note your model/year and tow vehicle to your signature so knowledgeable folks can reply knowledgeably to any questions you may have. (Is that even a word?) Since folks using their phones to access the forum don’t necessarily see the signature line, you might want to include Avia in your title line on future posts just as you did here. The Cirrus apparently has an active FB group, so maybe there’s an Avia group you can access too? Anyway you cut it, we really like photos here and hope you’ll post some up when you take possession. Happy camping!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• DemomanDemoman Member Posts: 4
    Correct me if I am wrong @Verna, but Demoman is our first Avia owner (soon to be owner).  Not sure if the Demo in Demoman means demolition or not, but I think in this case it means demonstrate, and we will want you to tell it all!  Welcome (and I am envious of that beautiful trailer)!
    You’re correct that Demo is for demolition. 
    Thanks for the welcome. 
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Four inch lift!!!   Great to hear that's an option.  DW and I looked at the Avia, and were concerned that the gray / black drain was too low with regard to ground clearance for any typical backroad.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

edited October 2020
    DougH said:
    Four inch lift!!!   Great to hear that's an option.  DW and I looked at the Avia, and were concerned that the gray / black drain was too low with regard to ground clearance for any typical backroad.
    The trailer We purchased did not have the new axles they started using this month. The dealer is switching the axles out and installing a different step.  I was very impressed with the undercarriage.

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Demoman, welcome and congratulations on your trailer! Considering full timing, and the Avia is on our short list. We are a tiny bit envious!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • rbtxrbtx Member Posts: 24
    Congrats on your Avia purchase!  Curious why the axle change by NuCamp on these if you can elaborate.  We haven’t purchased a trailer, yet. The 400 was on our short list, but the AC issues with the 2020 became a huge concern.  We looked at the Avia and initially liked many of the features and, of course, all of the extra space.  Upon looking again, we saw some quality issues such as cabinet trim pieces that had gone missing (assuming they came off and had yet to be replaced) and a cabinet door that appeared to be warping. Minor in the scheme of things, but we’ll be watching your feedback to the forum for all your likes and any dislikes if they pop up. Thanks for joining.
    rbtx said:
    Congrats on your Avia purchase!  Curious why the axle change by NuCamp on these if you can elaborate.  We haven’t purchased a trailer, yet. The 400 was on our short list, but the AC issues with the 2020 became a huge concern.  We looked at the Avia and initially liked many of the features and, of course, all of the extra space.  Upon looking again, we saw some quality issues such as cabinet trim pieces that had gone missing (assuming they came off and had yet to be replaced) and a cabinet door that appeared to be warping. Minor in the scheme of things, but we’ll be watching your feedback to the forum for all your likes and any dislikes if they pop up. Thanks for joining.
    I’m not sure what was behind the axel change. I can only assume ride height. My selling dealer did not make me aware of the change. I contacted NuCamp prior to purchasing to find out what changes (if any) where being made to the Avia. After finding out about the axle change I contacted the dear. The said they would switch them out to the new axles.
    I’m going to make an assumption that this is along the same lines as having a  Boondock package on a trailer.
    I wanted the extra ground clearance for unpaved roads.
    We didn’t see any quality issues issues with the trailer except for one overhead cabinet door needed a hinge adjustment (simple enough) and the top section of the shower needed to be re-caulked.
    My advice to anyone considering an Avia is to check the production number proudly displayed to the left of the entry door. Production changes have been made from unit #1 to current. One of the reasons we were reluctant to order one was something that we like now might not be on the one we order. We where very happy with the one that was on the dealers lot. The dealer had unit #30 & 31. We purchased 31 because the interior color was different the 30. Unit 30 had two different colors of wood. The bedroom open shelving was is a walnut color. Unit 31 was all the same color which we preferred over the two different colors. It’s changes like this that you need to be aware of. 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Congrats and welcome! I think we are all excited to learn more about the Avia ownership experience, so please share, often!!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• rbtxrbtx Member Posts: 24
    Great info on production numbers and the evolving design changes.  Definitely need to pay attention to that.  We’ll be having another look before too long.
  • jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Welcome, @Demoman

I'm confident that you and your new Avia will be warmly welcomed here, and the worst "behavior" will be some good-natured envy over being one of the first Avia owners :-) I'm looking forward to hearing all about the ownership journey from you. Again, welcome!

Jim
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    I notice T@G has its own forum - https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/
    Is nuCamp able to leverage their Vanilla Forums subscription to accommodate each product line separately or should everything be merged into one forum for all?
    I think a single site (nucamp-RV) would be more beneficial to the community at large especially if you could filter topics by product line as an option. Example: T@G, T@B, Avia, Cirrus or even by model. Or post/join conversations for all nuCamp customers (the default view).
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • AVIA_OWNERAVIA_OWNER Member Posts: 3
    We just bought the Avia #24 and we had to change the axles because of tire clearance.
    With the original axles we had not enough tire cleaners and ran in some issues. We worked with Nucamp and they helped us to replace the axles now 4 in more clearance to ground much better.
    Anyone has some picture of the double step entry step nucamp offers?
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @AVIA_OWNER, welcome to the forum. Always glad to hear from another avia owner! Great adventures to come. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • AVIA_OWNERAVIA_OWNER Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, yes looking forward to learn also from other Avia owners. 
  • JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    We just traded our 2019 T@b400 in for a 2020 Avia.  Is there an Avia specific forum?  Maybe the moderator can set up a sub-forum for the Avia.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Sorry, but there is not an Avia specific forum.  Feel free to start a conversation!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • box1box1 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2021
    Enjoying our used Avia #1 very much. Yes that’s right we traded our class C for this! Had Princess replace Axles . Used my aluminum portable step to cling in. I’ve installed a Progressive Industries Voltage amp monitor. Also installed tire pressure monitor. So what have you other Avia done and what’s out your window? Ha! Pulling it all with a 2021 Nissan Titan with no problems.