tab leveling question?

doe's the 320 have to be completely level for the alde to run heat on driveway on shore power? thanks :) it's close. 
2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited November 2019
    No.  The Alde will run regardless of level, however, your frig must be level when running on LPG.  Lucky you, I do not think the new Air 8 A/C unit requires any kind of drain system, so no need to position the TaB nose down like the window style A/C units.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • boonieboonie Member Posts: 83
    thanks sharon, this is just for temporary heat this winter in our driveway as we become familiar with our tab :)
    2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Funnily enough, my 2019 tab 400 has the front mount ac. I ran it in 90 plus degrees and it kept the inside below 65 easily. It has a drain pipe running from under the trailer and it dripped like a window AC. The trailer was level and everything worked fine. Never had to "lean" the trailer.
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Tundra57 said:
    Funnily enough, my 2019 tab 400 has the front mount ac. I ran it in 90 plus degrees and it kept the inside below 65 easily. It has a drain pipe running from under the trailer and it dripped like a window AC. The trailer was level and everything worked fine. Never had to "lean" the trailer.
    The “lean” technique only applies, really, to the 2019 and older 320S with the Danby window style AC unit. 
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Tundra57 are sure there was a drain pipe? My 2019 400 with front ac just Cascades over the edge out of the drip pan. I have found no drain, maybe they didn't install one?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There is no drain tube on the Cool Cat A/C units in the 2019 T@B 400’s.They have a tray that the condensation drips onto and then it drains/drips through the grill to the outside. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Well mine must have been modified. I was going to fit one till I took off the grill and saw the tube fitted. I ran the AC and sure enough the tray filled and ran down a clear tube drilled through the floor to the outside. I thought it was a standard Nucamp mod. The grill outside was well sealed around the edge and appears to have not been removed until I did. Wierd!