Pacific Northwest Fall Jam - Sept. 11, 12, 13, 2020

Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
edited December 2019 in Events & News
Details coming soon. Ft. Worden, WA. Get ready! 

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580

Don't move the PNW FJ 2020 to Labor Day weekend

Ignoring the issues of Holiday Weekend reservations and highway traffic volume for a moment.    Most holiday weekend campers are families and infrequent campers.
    A T@B Event filling a high percentage of any campground during a traditional family outing weekend is unkind to the RV/Camping Community.

Back in my Puget Sound boating days,with young children, Holiday Weekends were a big family adventure and finding our planned destination marina full of a Boat Club (most of whom were retired couples) was always a huge disappointment.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Plain and simple, I don’t travel on holiday weekends. EVER. Nothing about it is fun due to the crowds. I predict you’d end up with lower attendance because people can’t get sites as easily. Plus the traffic and ferry volume is insane, it just isn’t worth it to me.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    My 02c,  I had problems getting a site with the group for this last one, and I didn't dilly dally too long.  It could be a real problem getting sites incorporating Labor Day.  For Olympic Peninsula locals, travel won't be much of a problem, but for everyone else it will be.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra