ISO: 2018 T@b 320s Splitback Seat Part Numbers

Hi There,

I’m a brand new owner and in search of the parts numbers to modify my back seat to the split back.  Also looking for dealers that would do the order in Eastern Massachusetts or Southern New Hampshire?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Welcome to the Tab family @Bonalexander! I can't help with local dealers as I'm a West Coast gal, but any dealer who carries and services Tabs would know how to get the part and install it. Hopefully. I know others in your area will chime in here with good info, I just wanted to say "Welcome and Congratulations!"
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    You could contact Dana at Missouri Teardrop campers, (660) 909-3553. His team will contact NuCamp for part numbers and quote. They could then order them for you to drop ship to your location. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Bonalexander Missouri teardrop will order the parts.    The sequence of events is,  you need to call or email nucamp parts department for the part numbers.   You then call missouri teardrop with the part numbers and they will get a price for it and take your payment,  and then have nucamp drop ship it directly too your door.

My experience has been that most dealers really don't want to bother with parts.   when I ordered parts I left messages and emailed 6 dealers and only 2 responded.

The process took a month for me to receive parts.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I'm in Massachusetts and the only dealer I've found is in Fitchburg (Dufours), certainly not eastern but they deal with a lot of t@b's. And did some creative work on installing my 6v batteries. 
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited January 2020
    I’m  guessing you are referring to the rear bench seat that folds down?  I would contact the dealer first, ask them if there is a part number for the bench seat if that’s what you are looking to replace and go from there.  If your seat is defective it might only involve replacing a part, etc.  I had had an issue with my bench seat but after stopping off at the repair shop they looked at it and whatever they did the problem went away.  So would be curious to hear what kind of an issue you are having.  If the dealer doesn’t have the part number and things seem to stall, you can give Elsie Miller a call and am sure she’d be willing to go the extra mile and get your order placed and shipped via your contact with the parts dealer as prescribed.  

As for whether replacement parts are available for your issue and how you might best proceed, another excellent source for diagnoses might be to speak to Austin Jones in the repair center.  But keep in mind too that these folks are extremely busy and involved in their work down there so it might take a while to contact him.  But Austin is a great guy and would be able to give you some good advice on the probability of repairing something like that if it’s possible.  

Good luck!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    @Michigan_Mike did they offer a split back seat in 2018?

I assumed he was looking to do the split back bench seat to his current trailer.
  • BonalexanderBonalexander Member Posts: 26
    You all rock!  thanks so much for reaching back out.  I actually am new to the forums as well and have to learn how to turn on notifications as I didn’t even know anyone had replied.

To clarify for those that asked.  I am looking to replace the standard single rear seat back with the split back to allow for two completely  separate sleep sections.

The process for ordering does seem a bit odd to me and sounds like NuCamp is making it twice as hard for themselves now with the multiple touch points they have, but many thanks for sharing the process.  

For those that have ordered parts successfully, is the shipping calculated from NuCamp or the dealer location?  

kind of already wishing they had a website for ordering parts. LOL

Cheers from your resident newbie!
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Cbusguy said:
    @Michigan_Mike did they offer a split back seat in 2018?

I assumed he was looking to do the split back bench seat to his current trailer.
    I’m not sure of that, but my 2015 had the fold back bench style seat.  I traded my 2015 in a few years back for a new 400.  Surprising how fast time has flown.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    You all rock!  thanks so much for reaching back out.  I actually am new to the forums as well and have to learn how to turn on notifications as I didn’t even know anyone had replied.

To clarify for those that asked.  I am looking to replace the standard single rear seat back with the split back to allow for two completely  separate sleep sections.

The process for ordering does seem a bit odd to me and sounds like NuCamp is making it twice as hard for themselves now with the multiple touch points they have, but many thanks for sharing the process.  

For those that have ordered parts successfully, is the shipping calculated from NuCamp or the dealer location?  

kind of already wishing they had a website for ordering parts. LOL

Cheers from your resident newbie!
    @bonalexander, NuCamp drop ships directly to you. They just don't want to deal with administrating orders directly from customers. The suggestion to go to them first for part numbers is fine but the dealer will have to contact them anyway for pricing and availability. Good luck. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

@Bonalexander  I do not recall seeing freight or shipping as a separate line item on my invoice.    

@Michigan_Mike My tab has the back that folds down......2021 prototype had a split back bench seat so you didn't have to put the entire bench back down.   for the solo traveler they could leave the bed made on one side and still have a place to sit with a back rest on the other.    The spit back bench and the new bed slat system are the two top improvements.
  • teztabteztab Member Posts: 99
    I installed the split seat back option to my 2018 320S, last year.  Fortunately, at the time I purchased the back sections and hinges, I was still able to order directly from Elsie Miller in the Nucamp Parts Dept.  I am sure you could still call or email Elsie for the part numbers.  There was a couple of weeks lead time involved since they have them made up to order.

It is worth remembering that to install the new back sections, you will have to notch out the bottom cushions to allow for the additional hinges.  If it helps, I did post some installation pictures and details last year.
    @Cbusguy awesome!  Thank you!!

@teztab awesome!  Thank you!  Going to take a look for your discussion with the pics. :)
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2020
    @Bonalexander It looks like others have given you great information on how to get parts.  I saw your comment/question about not getting notifications.  If you started a post I think you are supposed to automatically get notified when someone responds to your post.  I know that if you click on the little star to the right of the very first post on a subject, that will "bookmark" that post and save it in your "bookmarks", which you will see on the left of your screen.  Your posts will show up in the "my discussions" on the left of your screen.  If you are not getting notified when someone responds to one of your posts, or a post you have bookmarked, start another thread and ask a question on how to do that and someone will have an answer for you.  Hope that helps. 
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
    @teztab thank you for sharing the link to your post!
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited January 2020
    @teztab, What if the bottom cushion is the former full-width top cushion (i.e., top & bottom cushions switched)?   Could the full-width cushion be used on the bottom & notched somehow to accommodate the hinges?

PS:  Elsie in Parts gave me this info:
    Part id 50-00-3013 $40.59 for a set.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • teztabteztab Member Posts: 99
    BrianZ said:
    @teztab, What if the bottom cushion is the former full-width top cushion (i.e., top & bottom cushions switched)?   Could the full-width cushion be used on the bottom & notched somehow to accommodate the hinges?

PS:  Elsie in Parts gave me this info:
    Part id 50-00-3013 $40.59 for a set.

I would not dismiss the idea completely but execution would be difficult. The notching is just to accept the hinges at their thickest points, but the remainder of the hinges runs through the gap between the separate base cushions.  I assume that part number and price is just for cost of hinges...
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    geekmama said:
    I'm in Massachusetts and the only dealer I've found is in Fitchburg (Dufours), certainly not eastern but they deal with a lot of t@b's. And did some creative work on installing my 6v batteries. 
    Pete's RV in Plainfield is a dealer.

2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    teztab said:
    I installed the split seat back option to my 2018 320S, last year.  Fortunately, at the time I purchased the back sections and hinges, I was still able to order directly from Elsie Miller in the Nucamp Parts Dept.  I am sure you could still call or email Elsie for the part numbers.  There was a couple of weeks lead time involved since they have them made up to order.

It is worth remembering that to install the new back sections, you will have to notch out the bottom cushions to allow for the additional hinges.  If it helps, I did post some installation pictures and details last year.

You did a great job.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
    @NomadPilgrim
    Thank you!

@BrianZ
    would you mind sharing the best contact number that you have for Elsie?  TIA
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited January 2020
    @teztab & @Bonalexander
    I had emailed NuCamp parts (parts@nucamprv.com) for the part number just for a pair of hinges, so that was the information I got.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods