2021 400 sighting

treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
Saw a 2021 400. It has the Cool Cat, rear converter, button style drawer latches, moved axel, single door on drivers side with water controls (drains bypass) shower hose and city water supply....

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    Not a Boondock, ordered with Boondock tub and platform.
  • davegctdavegct Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for sharing.  Quite the changes.  No outside storage? Trying to understand the axle change?  So the converter is now closer to the batteries.  I didn’t even think they were in production yet - is this 2021 #1.
  • rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    I wonder about the axle change:  Did they redesign the whole frame to move the axle forwards, or just move all the body work back on the existing frame?  Either way, a good idea!  You get the CoolCat and a lighter hitch weight.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    Did you see a black tank rinse?
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    This model has the larger fridge—see dual vents on driver’s side, and no fridge on the passenger side. 

Outside storage in on the passenger side (door side) same place as the 2019, but with a different style cargo door. 

Moving the axle forward would lessen the tongue weight. 

Gas strut for the lid on the front storage tub. 

(No inside info—just my observations from looking at the photos.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    My wife wants me to be clear that this is technically a 2020 model with 2021 features.  (I'm calling it a 2021)

Our story...We had an "incident" with our 2019 400 and it needed to be replaced.  We went to our local dealer, Apache Camping Center.  They worked with nuCamp to help us out.  nuCamp contacted us directly and was incredibly helpful. They really went out of their way to help us. We could not be happier with both nuCamp and Apache.

@davegct It looks like axle was moved only a few inches.
    Still has outside storage but door is smaller.

@rh5555 No idea about structural changes for frame regarding axle.

@BirdieJane Yes there is a black water rinse in the water control box.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2020
    I like the new left (driver’s) side single door for all the controls and fittings, very clean looking, keeps the inside double sealed behind new access area panel.  I also like the removable shower hose fitting.  The use of the pop-out latches/knobs on the drawers is nice.    :)
    The same on the overhead cabinets? 
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Very interesting.
    While I'm 100% happy with the 2018 320S, a "solo" floorplan 400 '2021' if these possible changes are real would be very tempting.

Do feel would also need a new TV :|
    Yes, Colorado V6 can tow a 400, expect the diesel version or a full size Pick-up would be more comfortable
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
    Ok last question any change to the table, I.e. material less weight?
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
  • Redfish24Redfish24 Member Posts: 25
    When i ordered my 2021 I was told it would be the thinner lighter weight version of table.
  • awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
    Is that a storage hatch on the rear passenger side, or did they move the Alde hatch?  Also do not see the sewer hose storage tube on the driver side... looks great though!
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 
    edited February 2020
    We have a 2021 on order, and very excited to see what they have changed. We are working with Apache Everitt.
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    We have a 2021 on order, and very excited to see what they have changed. We are working with Apache Everitt.
    !!!! 
    Congrats!

I need to play out a number of non-RV life events first, but I’ll admit that these changes so far are all to the good as far as I’m concerned. Maybe in a year or two I’ll be able to upgrade too.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    edited February 2020
    @Denny16 Yes same pop out knobs for upper cabinet.

@MuttonChops I think the 4Runner does fine towing. It gets about 12mpg towing and does ok on steep hills.

@BirdieJane Best way to describe table is Ultralight!!!

@awahl There really isn't a Alde hatch like before, just a controls box with valves for various water use scenarios, cable hookups, black water tank flush, hot/cold water supply...
    There is not a separate fill line to fill water tank, if you arrange valves you can go to "Power FILL" mode.  Not sure how I will sanitize fresh water tank.

No sewer hose storage anymore. Looks like they put heavy stuff in rear of trailer for lighter tongue weight. Not an issue for me, I did not like sewer hose tube anyway.  Sewer hose will be stored in pipe mounted outside trailer.

@Redfish24 Yep its ours.
    A few other changes. 
    Cooktop has igniter.  
    No DVD player😥.  I can stream from my phone, I wasn’t able to do that before. 
    Different light above kitchen table, nice.
    Outside storage compartment on the passenger side is narrow. Would’ve been nice if it was bigger. Battery shut off is a little awkward to get to, I hope I don’t split my pants bending over to use it. The light inside the exterior storage department is very nice. 
    I am not sure but I think there is a drain hose for the air conditioner. 

I'm still kind of baffled as to why they removed the sewer hose storage compartment?  I know space is a premium but not really an item I just want to throw in the back of my truck  :anguished:
    edited February 2020
    Guess I will need to buy a roll of those RV Poop Chute bags that go inside your stinky slinky so its not messy any more. :blush:
    Redfish24 said:
    I'm still kind of baffled as to why they removed the sewer hose storage compartment?  I know space is a premium but not really an item I just want to throw in the back of my truck  :anguished:
    Yep, its a compromise.
    For what its worth our tongue weight with no propane or water is 360lbs. I'm sure that moving the weight farther back interfered with the sewer hose storage.
  • tepe50tepe50 Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2020
    I guess this answers the question about the Air8 ac unit. Hopefully they come up with an acceptable solution because I just got back from a trip in Florida and it did not work and it wasn’t really that hot out
    2020 tab 400 BDL & 2013 siver shadow 5x10
  • awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
    @awahl There really isn't a Alde hatch like before, just a controls box with valves for various water use scenarios, cable hookups, black water tank flush, hot/cold water supply... 
    There is not a separate fill line to fill water tank, if you arrange valves you can go to "Power FILL" mode.  Not sure how I will sanitize fresh water tank.
    Hello- that makes sense... Did not compute that they moved the valves from the Alde access panel and no need  for that hatch any longer. Curious to see how filling the tank with portable water (i.e. boondocking) will work... Can't wait to get our 2021...

Thanks!
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 
    I don’t see how to fill tank when boondocking. 
    Maybe a short hose attached to city water inlet attached to a funnel elevated above inlet. 
    More pics as requested 
    @treefrog Is that storage space under that fridge?  I drawer or open storage. I see a latch button there.
    tepe50 said:
    I guess this answers the question about the Air8 ac unit. Hopefully they come up with an acceptable solution because I just got back from a trip in Florida and it did not work and I wasn’t really that hot out
    Make sure you talk to nuCamp directly.
    Redfish24 said:
    @treefrog Is that storage space under that fridge?  I drawer or open storage. I see a latch button there.

Single drawer under fridge, not full width, but still a good sized drawer. 
  • rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for sharing @treefrog, could you show us what is under the bed? Preferably all the way to the back (may involve unscrewing a panel).
    Do you think you might have received a prototype, rather than a final production model? 
    The absence of the sewer storage tube suggests that NuCamp were experimenting with the larger AIR8 unit (which needs more space) but then slapped in a CoolCat unit to get the trailer working for you while they sorted out other details.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    How much did the axle move forward? Looks only a small distance? What is distance from coupler to axle now?

I do like the the the water connection changes.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite