Original equipment 2017

Looking at a 2017 320U to purchase this weekend.  Is there any original equipment that I should be looking out for that should come with the trailer...fire extinquisher, couplers, converters, extension cords, etc.?  Things that were loose and easily missed.  Thanks for all the help :)

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    30 amp cord, 2 sets of keys, fire extinguisher that may have been recalled, chains, check to make sure the break-away brake cable is intact.  Ask to see the Alde reservoir and see if it has any glycol.  Ask to see the stabilizer crank.  It came with a TaB cutting board.  Does it still have a battery and propane tank?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @confusionroom, early 2017's had the gray older model norcold fridge. It is harder to service. After approx July, 2016 the new black with wood tone panel style was being installed. With that model fridge, there are no round vents on the trailer front, but 2 grid vents forward, next to the door. This allows easier access to the working parts of the fridge. It was a mid model year change. We have one of the early models, and have had absolutely no fridge problems, but might be something to check. Good luck. Happy hunting!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    I bought my trailer from them in 2016 and have heard nothing but praise for them since.  Good luck!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @confusionroom, this camper is an early model 2017, with the old style fridge. Note the 2 circular vents on the front. It has a "boondock" platform on the front and appears to have some kind of storage tub modification as you can see the battery stored up front on the frame. In this configuration, sometimes the tub has been modified to carry 2 propane tanks, or is standard and the battery up front is additional. The serial number indicates it was built after mine. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @confusionroom by now you may be a Tab owner. If it’s an early 2017 and if the fridge has the fins and “works” on the left side you need to ask them to make sure that the wiring is ok. Some early 2017’s had a problem where the motion of towing rubbed the wiring and caused some damage. If I remember correctly it was an easy fix, just have them double check for you. I’ve seen nothing but great posts here for Tom’s!  Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,413
    To clarify, unless there was a different issue with the wiring it was the gas lines to the fridge and stove that were subject to rubbing on the fins. It involved a recall, though many owners made the fix themselves.
    You can find more information here.
    2015 T@B S

• confusionroomconfusionroom Member Posts: 5
    Alas it was a "well" used trailer that had a lot of issues for a 17.  I'm usually the one that is in a hurry and says we'll live with it and I was the first to say goodbye.   Oh well, someday :(  I truly am grateful for the help and now am aware of new conditions to look for.
  • confusionroomconfusionroom Member Posts: 5
    Homebodyatheart - They were very nice people and wouldn't hesitate to go back
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @confusionroom I’m glad! Back in 2016 when I was looking at Tabs there were almost no used units for sale anywhere. Now you can buy a gently used one complete with extra gear in many parts of the US. I ordered my 2017 in October of 2016 and love the model year! The beauty of NuCamp is that as model year issues came up they changed things to improve their products. Best of luck finding one that is right for you! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red