Options

Camco Cutting Board Stovetop

marjamrmarjamr Member Posts: 26
edited March 2020 in Products and Accessories
Has anyone tried the Camco stove cover cutting board for their 320S two burner stove?

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Haven’t used it on a Tab, but had one for an older motorhome. It worked well and didn’t move while in transit. Personally, I would rather have this than the glass cover that is subject to breakage.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Since I bought my first Teardrop in 2012, I have only heard of two of the stove or sink covers breaking. One was this week and the other was a couple of years ago. And no, I don’t frequent other forums with other brands of campers. 

The wooden cutting board would work very well. Rubber feet is a must. I can’t see the size, but I’m sure you already measured to make sure it will fit. 

I found two different sizes of silicone cooking mats, a round one for the sink and a rectangular one for the stove. They stay on the glass surfaces well and they help keep more scratches from occurring 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    marjamrmarjamr Member Posts: 26
    I am looking at one to use in place of the glass cover. The size is big enough and I guess it comes with adjustable rubber feet that clip onto the wire grill over the burners. Hoping they fit the Tab stove grill. 
    Of course if they don’t it can always go straight back to Amazon. 
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Verna-
    Can you pass along the brand of silicone mats you use please? Did you order  them from Amazon? 
    xdr 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @xdr, yes, I ordered them from Amazon. Seriously, all of the silicone cooking sheets seem to be equal in quality.  I only found one large round one that might have been for a pizza (if I remember correctly) and the others are cookie sheets. The name brands of everything have changed so much on Amazon that it’s hard to find the same name brand. 

When I bought them, I just browsed and found the round one and I have a couple of different name brands of silicone cookie sheets — one for the stove and 4 in the lower cabinets to keep stuff from sliding. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    edited April 2020
    This is my solution to more counter space when the stove is not being used. The slots keep the wood spacer firmly in place and it lifts the cutting board above the knobs. Sometimes it is just a little cutting board 

Have fun! 
    Bob

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I use a microfiber dish drying mat on my stovetop when not in use, and I just purchased a silicone coated cooling rack to go over the sink yet allowing access to water for more counter space while cooking.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    My T@B cutting board split in half this week, currently attempting wood glue.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    My T@B cutting board split in half this week, currently attempting wood glue.
    Mine was mildly warped on arrival and no amount of work ever fixed that. I put it away as a souvenir and went with a plastic Camco one for the sink; far more practical and dependable.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    meskuemeskue Member Posts: 1
    @rfuss928 where did you find that great stove cover/cutting board?
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    meskue said:
    @rfuss928 where did you find that great stove cover/cutting board?
    The small board with slots is home made.  I traced the grate on to the board and used a radial arm saw to create the slots.

• Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @marjamr -- I was looking at the sink version of this the other day as an option for covering my sink (I would prefer wood to plastic so I can place hot pans on it if needed).  A couple of the reviews on Amazon (which seem to combine reviews for the sink cover and the stove cover) mentioned that part of the label (not shown on the Amazon photo) says the product contains lead and is not to be used as a cutting board and not for food use.  Notice the label in your photo shows that it includes "bonus cutting mat."  Also notice they call it the wooden item a "cover" not a "cutting board."  I don't know why they are being so sketchy about this in the Amazon description.  But it was enough to wave me off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1YNBOWFGP4DSC/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000EDUTX6
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    PNWtabber said:
    @marjamr -- I was looking at the sink version of this the other day as an option for covering my sink (I would prefer wood to plastic so I can place hot pans on it if needed).  A couple of the reviews on Amazon (which seem to combine reviews for the sink cover and the stove cover) mentioned that part of the label (not shown on the Amazon photo) says the product contains lead and is not to be used as a cutting board and not for food use.  Notice the label in your photo shows that it includes "bonus cutting mat."  Also notice they call it the wooden item a "cover" not a "cutting board."  I don't know why they are being so sketchy about this in the Amazon description.  But it was enough to wave me off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1YNBOWFGP4DSC/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000EDUTX6
    I actually have the plastic Camco sink board, and still use a flexible cutting mat on top of it. Why? Doesn’t stain, wouldn’t matter if it did since it’s out of sight, and it’s easier to clean in that tiny sink. Plus my food safe sanitizer won’t damage it the way it might damage wood or bamboo. And flexible cutting mats are cheap, so replacing one that gets damaged isn’t an issue. It stores easily in the undersink cabinet against the wall. Likewise, I’ve managed to scorch wood boards in the past with hot pans. For me, it made more sense to just carry along a silicone trivet...maybe because I still have laminate counters at home, I’m used to pulling a trivet out before moving a pot anyway.

I love wood and bamboo cutting boards for looks at home, but the trailer environment tends to be humid enough to warp the sink ones enough that I just don’t find them useful. I oiled my Tab branded one repeatedly and it would warp within a day of putting it in the trailer. I finally stuck it in a bin with the rest of the stuff that’s being saved for the next owner. 
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Good points, @VictoriaP.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman