Options

Alde front passenger side radiator tab 400 2019

While working on the distribution panel on my tab I lifted the hinged seat on the passenger side. (Undo screw first,)I noticed a radiator mounted behind the panel. There is a slot above, but when you drop the seat and refit the seat cushions there doesn't seem to be an exit for the rising air. Any idea where it exits? It seems right now it can only warm the seat on the passenger side. I thought maybe it comes out in front of the side window but I see no slot.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Is there a slot in the wood seat base that lets the heat escape.  I see a slot for air to enter at the bottom.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44
    The lower slots are for cold air to enter, I believe the one for that side is under the port window.
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The radiator is part of the Alde system, cold air is drawn in under the seat (slot with arrow in above post), exit on my TaB400 is behind the seat back top in front of porthole window.  Hot air rises on its own and the Alde heat comes from behind the kitchen counter area also and up back behind the bed.  Radiators are placed on each side and in the back under the bunk.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Thanks. I am aware how the Alde works and where all the other radiators are (including the new ones I fitted under the camper to heat the tanks lol). I saw bottom slot that side for "in" but could not see the exit. There is a slot above the radiator in the seat top at the back but I didn't see anything above that. I'll have to go have another look in the port window area.
    There is always a new adventure with a Tab. :-).
  • Options
    There is one in the middle below the bed also, I had to run my upgraded battery cable that way. There is a seperate tube for the wiring and AC duct accross there to allow free flow

• Options
    I found the outlet. There is a narrow gap in front of the blind. Also in the small shelf above there is a slot at the back. Useful to know as that shelf was full of doggy poop bags and trash bags. All empty of course lol