Let's Design a TAB "500"

JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
The Avia looks interesting but it is really long. I like the maneuverability of our 2019 Tab 400. Maybe the new model would be 18" longer. Here is what could make me trade:
Dry Bath
Bigger fresh and grey tanks
Cassette toilet option
Factory lithium option
Solar on front and back option
Wider mattress

What do you say?

2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
Jeff & Amy
Now in Manistee, MI

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2020
    A 18-inch difference would still be a slightly longer TaB400, say a TaB420 .  You would need more like a 2-foot longer change to get a new Model number (500) closer to the difference between the 400 and the 320 series.

A 2-foot add on would get you the dry bath setup, and fore and aft twin/double bunk arrangement, like the 400 Solo without loosing the closet locker,  which would work for me.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @Denny16 twin beds would be great. DW is agile but tired of climbing over me. LOL
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    LOL, this type of Wish They WouldOnly If There Was new model dreams come up every few years and are always fun.

I'm in the need something between 320 and 400 camp . . . . ;)

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
     It's like asking them to make a clamshell 1 - 2 feet longer..that length became the 400...best of luck..they can only make so many trailers..would have been nice to have the bed options...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @MuttonChops yes, I thought it would be a break from closed campgrounds, etc.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

edited March 2020
    Grand idea, keep the dream alive!  That said, the next new model in the lineup is the new Barefoot trailer, which has a nice size bath/shower area, and a more open foot plan.
    cheers
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    What is the double axle T@B in Europe? Isn't it the 510?  Haven,t  looked at the floor plan for it.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
    Yep, there is one on UTube from Sweden, interior rear is like a 320 dinette/bed with a single couch/bunk bed across the front.  Galley, closet and shower/toilet are the same in the middle as TaB400.  So extra length increases sleeping to a family of four, two adults/two children.
    double axle reduces tongue weight, shifting weight over the dual axles.  Looks like a road only setup, not for going rough.
    cheers
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    I sure would like to see a split A/C system with the compressor out on the tong and the evap core inside!
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • JeansorJeansor Member Posts: 28
    Denny16 said:
    Yep, there is one on UTube from Sweden, interior rear is like a 320 dinette/bed with a single couch/bunk bed across the front.  Galley, closet and shower/toilet are the same in the middle as TaB400.  So extra length increases sleeping to a family of four, two adults/two children.
    double axle reduces tongue weight, shifting weight over the dual axles.  Looks like a road only setup, not for going rough.
    cheers
    Do you have a link for that video?  I'd be interested in seeing it.
    2013 Nissan Frontier
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge: Sm@lls
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    A 500 you ask. I would like twin for ‘n aft bunks; a larger 12/120 volt fridge; and little more space throughout
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    For a “larger” 400, I’d like the large fridge AND wardrobe or other cabinets. And bigger tanks. Everything else is fine as is.

But really, just bring back the T@da with tanks instead of the cassette. I’d buy one in a heartbeat.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    You can get a fore/aft bunk in the TaB 400 Solo... 
    cheers
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Heated tanks and valves would be on the list.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    driftless said:
    Heated tanks and valves would be on the list.
    Agreed! Make it a full four season rig. I’ve often thought that should be part of the Boondock package at a minimum.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Do they even make these any more across the pond?
    T@B 510 XL circa 2016 --

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
    edited April 2020
    It is not on TaB.de web site, which is the European distributor/maker from what I gather. The only one I could find listed on the web was in Sweden.

This setup would make a sweet 510 for here, with the rear bunks setup for/aft as a twin/queen arrangement.  Any left over space could be used in the front dinette area.  Water and Alde system would be under the driver’s side bunk, combo outside/inside access storage under pax bunk, and a bench across the back connecting the bunks for a battery locker, like the Solo model is.  CoolCat would be under Driver dinette seat as it is on 2018-2019 400 models.  Water and holding tanks could be expanded some also.  This would be a sweet setup.
    cheers
  • kemcgrawkemcgraw Member Posts: 9
    Four season and larger tanks. Oh and a storage area for a generator.
    edited July 2020
    Here is a look at the prototype T@B 513 XL:
    http://squob.com/travel_trailers/tb-xl-the-burgher-king/
    Enjoy
    And this one is closer to our TaB400 in its layout:  https://www.youtube.com/watch
    cheers
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    The MOST IMPORTANT THING a split A?C unit with the compressor mounted on the tong and the evaporator core mounted inside like so most travel trailer full timers are doing! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    Dry bath, walk around queen bed, larger tanks, 4-season capability. I don't think it would have to be too much longer to accomplish this! Then options such as rooftop solar, lithium batteries, and a good battery monitor available would make the T@B able to be an awesome boondocking machine! We're not ready to trade up yet, so maybe by the time we are, this'll be waiting for us! 
  • RobynandMartyRobynandMarty Member Posts: 6
    Great creativity here! Fingers crossed the nuCamp folks are listening and see there would be great demand for something with a dry bath, walk around bed, 4-season capability! They have designed fantastic 320 and 400, and a beautiful Avia; I'm confident they can create this new version for us as well!

2018 T@b400 (Franklin) towed by Mercedes ML350 Bluetec diesel (Benny)
    Living the Canadian Rockies
  • WrenaaWrenaa Member Posts: 4
    Solo is great sleep for not climbing over one another.  (heads towards window and feet towards kitchen).  But Setup could be **much** smoother. Rollout on wheels for instance. Easier slide in and out design should be really easy.  Sleep setup each day adds a little extra time, but I love the back ‘sofa’ area during the day with a view out of the stargazer Window.  Great nap space! 
    Make table in front Dinette with drop hinge table end so table doesn’t stick out when it is in the lower position. We are going to modify to make it like a sofa without the strange extra table edge in the way of your legs when seated. (Someone advertises an expensive custom modification for this - would be so easy for NuCamp to do on the get-go with a $10 piano hinge and drop leaf) 
    Exterior propane hookup is brilliant idea but requires grill modification to actual use it. Provide adaptor maybe so it could be put to use?  
    The new TaB400 table is a light weight molded table around a foam core, so a drop leaf type would need to be designed and molded in two parts, to facilitate the drop front.  
    Cheers