TAB 400 BD outside shower flow force

I have owned my 2019 for a little over a year and have not used my outdoor shower. While dewinterizing it I noticed that the shower flow\spray is not very impressive at all; it would be a pretty poor showering experience.
Is this the normal shower condition? Do other TAB 400 owners have the same condition? Have anyone done something to increase the shower spray power.
Thanks.
2019 TAB 400 Boondock

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,868
    edited April 2020
    Here is a thread from a couple of years ago that discussed this on the 320.  (I'm betting the two trailers use many of the same parts).  There is a photo of the tiny hole in the shower head where the water is supposed to get through, which explains part of the trickle.  I switched shower heads around and the flow improved a bit.  I think part of the problem in my 320 is the outside shower is the farthest point away from the pump, and maybe there just isn't enough "oomph." 
    The other issue is how the hose makes it out of the trailer:  it would be very simple for the hose to get kinked up.  You might want to take a look at the place the hose exits to make sure it is moving freely.  This thread has another thread linked in it for more info:

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Also on the TaB400 there is a shuta-off valve on the outside shower line, that might not be open all the way.  The outside shower on my 2018 Tab400 has good pressure.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Gliddenwoods, there are four screws with white caps on the panel under your bathroom sink. Remove them and the panel and you can see if your outside shower hose is kinked inside the cavity. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    I just posted (to the thread included in @pthomas745's post above) a photo of where the hose was kinking on my 320 S outside shower, but since it may be of interest here as well, I am including a copy of the photo below.  Essentially, if the hose is pulled all the way out (i.e., fully extended), it kinks at the location marked and significantly reduces the flow of water.  Push a bit of hose back into the compartment and that should increase the water flow (no guarantees, but worth a try.)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    Does seem like one spot where they went a little "cheap".   One item I might replace in the future.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • tepe50tepe50 Member Posts: 37
    My 2020 tab 400 has poor flow also.But I never use it so it's not a big deal.
    2020 tab 400 BDL & 2013 siver shadow 5x10
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    The out door shower head has an integral water restriction “plate”. If you unscrew the head from the hose you will see. I drilled mine out a “pinch” and the flow rate is improved dramatically (in a relative sense).
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 199
    edited May 2020
    We grew tired of that hose kinking, cutting of the water flow, and getting into knots every time we tried to use it . (320S) 
    I finally got rid of that hose, and added a quick disconnect connection . Works much better now ! 
    Still have to get around to finding an adapter to go from the hose connection to the showerhead , but we mostly use the outside shower for a dishwashing station anyway . 

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD