What do you put where in the tiny cabinets?

KARKAR Member Posts: 84
Just got our 2015 T@B. It's the U shape with 2 storage cabinets at the back - for clothes?
With 3 cabinets over since - really little and I just can't figure out what I'd put there.
With a large area over the A/C and an area that reaches the front of the T@B which looks like pots and pans, dishes, and food items would fit.
Cabinet under the sink looks like cleaning supplies, paper goods.
Little cabinet under the refrig where my husband likes electrical cord but I see a drain and am thinking the refrig condensation or something like that goes into the drain?
Space behind the back of the seat that folds down for the bed- we were thinking of putting our bedding there - extra mattress pad.
Space under the one seat by the front door- awning, wrench for stabilizers, not sure what else...
Thoughts?

Otherwise, I'm going to put it all in the car but my husband doesn't think that will be as convenient.

Appreciate your help:)
Thanks in advance!

Send photos if you would please.

I saw a few earlier posting that help with the cabinet under the sink- thanks:)
Happy Trails!
Safe Travels!
2015 Tab S with Alde 

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @KAR, under the fridge is not a drain. It is an air vent for air circulation and helping draw cool air around the fridge. It is dry under the fridge. We have our daily usage tools under there. Above the kitchen, the really small cabinets, we have plastic drinking cups, a few small microwave containers(we were raising 2 boys, 11 months apart in age and a microwave was necessary), and containers of spices. But, to each their own. It is yours. Use it the way that suits you. Personalize. Small electronics fit there also. Phones, chargers, mini flashlight, etc. You'll find your answers by using your camper. Happy t@bbing! -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @KAR, the U model with no wet-bath probably has the most storage in the entire TaB line up!  Lucky you!  Don’t forget under the passenger side bench.  In our CS-S, during winter storage, we place items under the bench like small tables, awnings, rugs, etc.  Since we keep the bed made up while camping, that area is left with our 12 v compressor, battery charger, leveling blocks, dustpan - all accessible via the little door on the end of the bench.  The little cabinets over the kitchen counter store flashlights, solar lights and our microfiber bath towels.  The TaB will tow better if it has some tongue weight, so make use of your space inside.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • KARKAR Member Posts: 84
    dragonsdofly and Sharon_is_Sam- thanks for your responses:) Travel safely! K
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
  • CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    @KAR, we place all sorts of things in soft (think pliable) containers, from ziplocks to travel cubes. A fresh change of clothes, towel, toiletries, books and anything else we need overnight and to start the next day go in the back cabinets.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    CrabTab said:
    @KAR, we place all sorts of things in soft (think pliable) containers, from ziplocks to travel cubes. A fresh change of clothes, towel, toiletries, books and anything else we need overnight and to start the next day go in the back cabinets.
    I had most of my clothes in those tiny back overhead cabinets when I spent the summer in my T@b. Packing cubes and zip locks really help keep things organized and maximize that space.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thanks. I'll check out packing cubes. :)
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    Let’s see...
    other than having a S model you’re planning pretty close to how we pack.
    our shoes in under refrig compartment.  Dishes, cups, utensils, spices above counter. Kuerig Coffee maker and regularly used foods under sink cabinets.  Longer term food and paper goods under drivers side bench. Bedding roll behind dinette.  Clothes in upper cabinets.  The storage compartment under The bedding roll is hardly used.  Our XL visor(awning) and jack handle are there.  Since we have a Boondock, the rear Yakima rack carries our collapsible chairs, campsite rug, and tv antenna.  Our front platform has two boxes.  One gets electrical “stuff” power cords, adapters, spare fuses/parts.  The other is the water “stuff”.  Hoses, filters, adapters, jack pads.  
    The only thing which is up in the air is our Weber grill and box.  One trip it rode on top of one of the platform boxes.  But it reminded me of the Clampet mobile.  So it rides in the bed of my truck until I built a mount for it on the Yakima rack.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    GatorEgg said:
    Let’s see...
    other than having a S model you’re planning pretty close to how we pack.
    our shoes in under refrig compartment.  Dishes, cups, utensils, spices above counter. Kuerig Coffee maker and regularly used foods under sink cabinets.  Longer term food and paper goods under drivers side bench. Bedding roll behind dinette.  Clothes in upper cabinets.  The storage compartment under The bedding roll is hardly used.  Our XL visor(awning) and jack handle are there.  Since we have a Boondock, the rear Yakima rack carries our collapsible chairs, campsite rug, and tv antenna.  Our front platform has two boxes.  One gets electrical “stuff” power cords, adapters, spare fuses/parts.  The other is the water “stuff”.  Hoses, filters, adapters, jack pads.  
    The only thing which is up in the air is our Weber grill and box.  One trip it rode on top of one of the platform boxes.  But it reminded me of the Clampet mobile.  So it rides in the bed of my truck until I built a mount for it on the Yakima rack.
    That is a good idea about the shoes, but I will have to see if my boat sized Crocs will squeeze under there!  :)

Do you have an outside access door for the under bed storage?
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
  • Susan0214Susan0214 Member Posts: 20
    This is a great thread - I had the same questions when we took our first trip in our 2029T@B 320Boondock Lite this past weekend. I liked where things went except we haven’t found the right place for shoes. Under the fridge will never be big enough for us. Here is what we did. 
    Small cabinets over the kitchen counter got dry food. It held a lot more than I thought it would. I ditched any big boxes and only took what we needed for the weekend. 

Two big cabinets under the sink got all our permanent kitchen items. Plates, cups, bowls, pots, dish towels, measuring cup, strainer, potholders, small storage containers. 

All my clothes fit in storage cubes in one of the back cabinets over the sofa area. Hubby took two of those cabinets and the big one where the A/C used to sit before Air8 was moved under the beds. He didn’t fill them all.

Extra food and spices were tucked along the cubby shelf over the passenger side window. Another place that held way more than I expected. The smaller cubby on the other side held a fly swatter, drink koozies, a deck of cards, our thermacell refill box, batteries, and some other odds and ends. 

Knives and all big utensils and plastic wrap, alum foil, and storage bags, and lighter all went under the fridge in the drawer. Along with a bunch of odds and ends. 

Cleansing wipes and spray and our shoes and trash bags went into the cubby under the dining area seat that has the access door when your first walk in.

Toiletries and towels went into an over the shower door storage rack. I think it was a bit heavy so we are working on possibly hanging it on a shower curtain rod in the bathroom. 

Extra paper towels and toilet paper were put in the bins at the very back with the lid that’s a shelf. 

Bedding was stored behind the back of the sofa while in daytime mode. I couldn’t believe the 3” pad and all the pillows fit back there!

Dirty clothes got put into a garbage bag and thrown into the TV.

I was shocked at how much stuff fit. Even the fridge held more than I thought it would. We would definitely need more food storage areas for a full week, but could refill from the tow vehicle. We did keep a cooler outside for cold drinks. 
  • 2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
    Thank you that's a great help as a new 2018 320s owner. 
    2018 320S
    Vancouver Island.

Great comments! Thanks all! we're still shifting where things go but so far so good. No matter what - there's lots of room and probably more room than we have the power to haul with the Rav 4 and our 2015 T@B.
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Great thread.  I just bought my T@B and haven't been out in it yet and have been wondering where to put everything!  Thanks.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449

Do you have an outside access door for the under bed storage?
    Yes.  Also, I cut a couple pieces of luan plywood to lay over the compartments behind the seat back.  This kept the bedding from disappearing into the abyss when thrown behind the seat.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

NO. just under the seats. K
    2015 Tab S with Alde