How many Texans are on this T@B Forum?

SystemSystem Posts: 180
This discussion was created from comments split from: Truck vs SUV for a 400.

Comments

• jenniferlzrjenniferlzr Member Posts: 59
    @falcon1970 I'm a Texas girl through and through! Just haven't gotten on the truck wagon.  :)
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2020
    Hang on a second.  Am I the last one to find out half the forum members are fellow Texans?
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    There are a few of us Texans on here, for sure.  Might be an interesting poll to figure out just how many.  Maybe the moderators could provide some sort of state count report, as I bet many are curious about their home state fellow t@bbers. @Sharon_is_SAM ??
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ADRawli said:
    There are a few of us Texans on here, for sure.  Might be an interesting poll to figure out just how many.  Maybe the moderators could provide some sort of state count report, as I bet many are curious about their home state fellow t@bbers. @Sharon_is_SAM ??
    There are over 8,000 members of this forum.....not all active...and I’m certainly not volunteering to count those from each state. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @ADRawli - why not set up a poll?  You would at least maybe get the regular members to participate.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I wonder if there are enough Texas owners to make it worthwhile for nuCamp to sponsor a Texas rally as well as an Ohio rally.  Ohio is a long trip for a lot of TAB owners and it is pretty hard to get room at the UCamp rallies anyway.  Somewhere in the Hill Country or near Big Bend in the Spring or Fall would be a nice time and place.
    @falcon1970, the T@bazona started in Arizona was a few people decided to have a T@B and T@G gathering and they just picked a date and met for about 4 days. By the third year, they asked for nüCamp’s help and each year nüCamp and the T@Bazona crew have increased the agenda and attendance. 

So, someone in Texas needs to step up, plan a weekend and see if it works. There’s no out of pocket for the organizers as the attendees bring wine (or favorite beverage) and cheese for the meet and greet night and then the attendees bring food for the potluck dinner. Get there on Thursday and leave Sunday with new friends. 

If it works, plan for the next year. If all goes well, ask nüCamp the 3rd year for help, maybe one of the dealers in Texas and you have an annual gathering. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna and Falcon1970. What kind of facilities do these rallies need? Just curious. 
  • trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    Does this mean I can tell the one joke a friend who grew up in Texas told me recently?
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2020
    Start of a list of folks who have posted in last few years and mentioned they're in Texas:
    • ADRawli
    • BogieMeister
    • CherylinDallas
    • crohrbacher
    • dridril
    • DougH
    • falcon1970
    • GailandJohn
    • JCALD
    • jenniferlzr
    • marknjudy
    • mytabbys701
    • napjerk
    • OneWurldGurl1
    • Ratkity (former Texan, but once a Texan...)
    • rbtx
    • SubaruLou
    • TexT@bers
    • WillieontheRoad
    • wooper
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @jenniferlzr
    I think we would get the best participation if we could find an established camp ground.  Most people would want water and electricity with a dump station somewhere near by.
    South Llano River State Park near Junction would be a good spot--once the State Parks reopen for camping.  They have 70 campsites (58 with water & elec) restrooms and a dump station.  $5/ person Park Entry Fee and $15-$20 per nite camping fee.
    Part of the park is designated a turkey roosting area from Oct-Apr but the turkeys just won't stay in their designated area.
    @ADRawli - why not set up a poll?  You would at least maybe get the regular members to participate.
    @Sharon_is_SAM. I tried to set up a poll letting each of us vote our state, but.... it looks like the forum limits us to no more than 10 poll response options.  Any way to override?

@falcon1970 That's one of my favorite parts of Texas. Love the South Llano River State Park. The turkey are awesome there! My mom and I canoed the river years ago and it was beautiful. 
    I don’t know that area of the state well, but my wife and I took a drive a few years back to the Twisted Sisters, scoping it out for a future Harley ride.  It was very pretty, and we do remember seeing a few campgrounds.   I wonder if we passed by South Llano. I’d love to go try it out when the cooler weather comes in fall (like October).  We don’t do much Texas camping May-September.   

I‘m glad to see our moderators are keeping us in line creating our own discussion as I think we kind of hijacked the original thread, didn’t we?

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @ADRawli - no override that I know about.  I don't know how useful your information will be.  I once looked at the number of active participants over a 3 month period and it was only about 300.  There is a huge number of members who join to buy, sell, comment and never stay to participate.  Maybe a better poll would be to inquire about general area of Texas where a member lives.  Divide it to East, Hill Country, West, etc.  Then you can plan accordingly.

I lived in Houston for a couple years - but, that was a looong time ago:)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    trimtab said:
    Does this mean I can tell the one joke a friend who grew up in Texas told me recently?
    No. Emphatically “no”. 

This forum is provided and paid for by the very religious front office of nüCamp RV. Their first rule is no profanity. My “magic wand” will make “no notice” changes twice per author. I’ve only had one person who challenged me on that rule and that person no longer posts here. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    keeping a low profile..  . :)
      I truly appreciate to no end the people that take their work seriously  and work with pride. Major part of craftsman ship...
  • crohrbachercrohrbacher Member Posts: 24
    There's an FB group for those of us in Texas: https://www.facebook.com/groups/217765442612808/

Charles / 2020 T@B 400BDL / 2019 Ford Ranger / Cibolo, TX
  • TexT@bersTexT@bers Member Posts: 17

Princess Craft in Round Rock, Tx. was going to have  a Texas Tiny Trailer rally.  Follow their website to find their events.
    We had signed up for May 28th 2020 rally, but it was cancelled.  Not just for T@bs, but sounded like fun.   
    2015 T@b Sofitel 
  • OneWurldGurl1OneWurldGurl1 Member Posts: 21
    I’m another Tab owner in Texas. North of Dallas and I’m going to check out that Facebook group. Also I thought that Princess Craft did a rally every fall.
    North Texas
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite, 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 4wd, V6, Crew Cab, tow package 
  • crohrbachercrohrbacher Member Posts: 24
    The Tiny Trailer Rally that Princess craft has is in the spring and fall. The spring one was cancelled, and the fall one is from 1-3 Oct. There's a FB page https://www.facebook.com/texastinytrailerrally/  and a web page https://www.princesscraft.com/blog/texas-tiny-trailer-rally/  for info and signup.

Charles / 2020 T@B 400BDL / 2019 Ford Ranger / Cibolo, TX