Washing clothes in your Tab

Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
I know everyone will be telling me its a waste of water. But any tabbers found a small clothes washer suiable for undies, a tee or maybe a pair of jeans.
Soaking in the sink would work. I have seen very low powered electric and some hand types.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    @Travels_with_delaney did a video recently on just this subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMIbyAytnY
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I’ve used a drybag for washing. Put clothes in, add water & soap, close bag & toss it around. Rinse, repeat. Probably not good for heavier clothes like jeans, though. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    There are small washboards available. Look on that large online marketplace.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I use a product called a Scrubba. It is essentially a dry bag, with little nubs inside to replicate a washboard.

You put the clothes in, add water and soap, then close the bag and you almost knead it like bread for a couple of minutes. Then empty the water, add rinse water and knead, again. 

I have found it to be a very effective means of hand washing.

https://youtu.be/vfxQ9VpEzfk

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Undies, socks etc light washing in a tub.." ioverlander" app helps me find laundry mats...

Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    I always carry a 5gal bucket for Various uses. That and a toilet plunger works for us. Wringing them out so they dry faster is bigger problem. I did find a roller style ringer years ago that solved that problem.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2020
    I prefer the real dorm washers, not the plastic twin tub Travels with Delaney reviewed.  Fully automatic with steel tub.  Not much more money, and still fits in a 320 bath when in use, and back in the tow vehicle when not.

Giantex: $279: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKXVQYC

or

Panda: $255:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083G9WVNC

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @DougH
    Those thing’s are great, and I could put it right next to the dishwasher. They are pretty cool though.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2020
    @Dalehelman ; We jest, but I'm in the middle of doing the beautiful @GeoMars fridge drawer mod (I've put a pullout cutting board / extra prep space at the top, then the fridge drawer on Blum undermount slides for our ICECO 20, then two extra storage drawers below that).  But during the design phase I was looking was looking at all that space below the fridge and thought to myself, "Self... you know one of the smaller countertop dishwashers would fit perfectly there."

I already have a mid sized 50pint dehumidifier that has an advertised laundry dry mode.  It's meant for all those small spaces where you only spin dry your clothes and hang them up to finish drying. So the Panda washer would pair perfectly with that.

Alternatively, I could just get a pair or two of underwear you only change once a year and never do laundry again...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hercleon-kribi-the-world-s-cleanest-underwear

=) 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Anyone check the required running current for these machines? Could you run off a 1200w inverter, or eould you have to run off the gennie?
    This assumes you are boondocking.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    edited May 2020
    @Tundra57, manufacturer lists running on wash at 240 or 260 watts and running on spun at 120. If running both simultaneously, (for the 2 tub models) would be max at 380 watts. That easily is under the inverter capacity, so no genny required.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I understand the math. Mr Ohm did a good job lol. I was interested in a real measure it test. I know from working with motors that manufacturers data is often generic and may not necessarily be accurate, specially as they are advertising it for an RV. Also there is the startup current surge, which could be quite high.
  • TabbyJenTabbyJen Member Posts: 3
    I always carry a 5gal bucket for Various uses. That and a toilet plunger works for us. Wringing them out so they dry faster is bigger problem. I did find a roller style ringer years ago that solved that problem.
    When the boys were in Scouts, three buckets, a plunger and a rope. Backwoods Maytag.

Bucket 1 was your wash bucket and you used the plunger to agitate.

Bucket 2 was your rinse bucket.

Bucket 3 was the spin cycle. It had a bunch of holes drilled into it. You then hung it from a tree with the rope, twisted it tight, then ran (unless it was hot and you wanted to get wet). It spun excess water out through the holes. Then you used the rope for drying line.

(The leftover water in the buckets was used to put out the nightly fire)
    I like the plunger method. The Plunge-O-Matic. To save space, I use a canvas bucket (Amazon). When folded, it takes up about as much space as a pair of socks. 
  • cameroncameron Member Posts: 12
    My wife bought a wash board, but we've mostly used the laundry facilities at the various camp grounds :)