Options

Kitchen undersink shelf

2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
As a new 320S 2018 owner i am looking for ways to pack ! 
It seems that there is room for a shelf in the big cupboard under sink to divide the space and make it more usable and assessable. Has anyone done this ?
I have read the other packing hints, that you everyone ! Any suggestions as to how to make the cupboard under the fridge more accessible ? and what do you keep in there ? We don't take too many shoes and hiking boots we will still keep in the car.
2018 320S
Vancouver Island.

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited June 2020
    Under the fridge ended up being a miscellaneous catch all for me. I have a bit less room than most, as the computer for my Purpleline trailer mover is installed in there. A few small, shallow basket trays from Target contain the various things I stash in there, mostly stuff I need during setup (like my cordless drill) since it’s easily reached from outside the door. They’re easily pulled out for access, but don’t hold much.

Undersink, I found a freestanding shelf that squeezes in to the right of the plumbing, pictured below. I opted for all collapsible cookware to maximize the space; on top of the shelf in that pic are 1 & 3 qt pots with lids, a 10” skillet with removeable handle, a 3 qt mixing/serving bowl, and two collapsible individual bowls that I use for the dog. Below the shelf is a basket with a few things and a collapsible electric kettle (now replaced by a larger collapsible stovetop kettle).

To the left of the drain is a short and narrow fridge/freezer tray that holds basic cleaning supplies, and a flexible clear plastic cutting board nestles against that wall.

These are the shelves I used (though mine are silver, no longer available). https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K07MZDC/
    The large one is in the upper undersink cabinet, the small in the lower for repackaged pantry goods. I actually yanked the shelf from the Norcold fridge and replaced it with one of these as well.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited June 2020
    I hear ya, @2manyplaces -- the T@B is just too small to give any unused space a free ride!  :-)

We use a cheap plastic drawer unit in the upper cabinet to keep smaller items corralled, and I built a shelf in the lower cabinet to help tame the collection of larger items. Fitting the shelf was a little tricky because of the plumbing and the confined space, but it was a mod well worth the trouble.

As for the cabinet under the fridge, that is where the fry pans, grill griddle, and other flattish cookware reside.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    A little custom cutting, some shelf brackets and you have some more precious storage space.

2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • Options
    2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
    Thank you Lil Lucy and ScottG. Such good ideas, a shelf it is !
    Tell me where do you keep your glasses, they don't seem to fit anywhere easily!

2018 320S
    Vancouver Island.

• Options
    Thank you Lil Lucy and ScottG. Such good ideas, a shelf it is !
    Tell me where do you keep your glasses, they don't seem to fit anywhere easily!

Most people start out packing way too much in these small rigs. There’s really no reason you have to carry more than one place setting per person since you pretty much have to do dishes after every meal due to lack of counter/sink space, and two glasses should easily fit in one of the upper cabinets.

One thing I’ve had to do is reevaluate not just what I’m bringing overall, but look at the dimensions of each individual item and the space I want to use for it. You may need different glassware if yours is too tall. I quickly found I needed smaller plates (which was better for my diet too, so *I’d* fit much more easily into the tiny bathroom! LOL), and also changed to the collapsible cookware for the same reason. It’s also why I repackage foodstuffs into square containers, and only carry as much as I’ll need for a given trip.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    We use mostly plastic items that fit in the small upper kitchen cabinets and are free to rattle about in transit. The few breakables get stashed among the towels in one of the drawers I posted about above. Once in camp they live on a small shelf I installed to the the right of the stove.
    Ultimately keeping it simple and light--with everything having a designated place--is the key to staying sane in these small trailers.  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Check out this past post

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/113357#Comment_113357

It shows how to replace the P trap under the sink freeing up a huge amount of space
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    MarcoMarco Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2020
    In my 320S I was able to put a small microwave under the sink. I had to reroute the plastic plumbing pipe and cut the wood frame in order to fit the microwave. It was a tight fit but worth it.
    (Photo edited for size.)

• Options
    WOW. Now that’s impressive!
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Check out this past post

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/113357#Comment_113357

It shows how to replace the P trap under the sink freeing up a huge amount of space
    I just completed this. 50.00 in parts, all inclusive and about an hour to complete.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I assume you plugged it into fridge outlet under the sink.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    @Marco what part of the frame did you have to cut to fit the microwave? I'm planning on doing similar but from my measurements, it seems if I replace the P trap with the Hepvo valve configuration, it "should" fit just fine.
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ