Options

Cool cat screen cover for the 400.

Elsie has available the vinyl cover for the Cool Cat heat pump.   We ordered it with 4 extra male snap connectors that mount on the screen.  you Install the snaps to the screen and we  added 4 extra female snaps to the cover.  It is available in Gray or White color.  I also added 2,1 inch wide straps sewn to the cover on the back top to come around the cover. When it is reverse rolled up it snaps into two male snaps We added to the cover.  That way you just unsnap the sides and bottom, roll it up to the top and then snap it in the up position.  When we travel, we lower it and snap it in place.  I keep it down when stored to prevent wasp and other insects from nesting inside the a/c. 
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    Slyden9821Slyden9821 Member Posts: 11
    I would like to order one for my 400. Please give me the ordering info. Thanks.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    If you look at the nüCamp and forum contacts category at the left, you'll find the toll free number: 844.823.9112, and X 304 for Elsie in the Parts Dept. Elsie is a Wonder Woman and can help you out!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Thank you so much! I will call today!
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hi Slyden9821,  Just saw your request and dug out my info on the cover.  The above info is correct in contacting Elsie to order.  The part # for the cover is 34-00-1403 and the price is $24.22.  That is for the gray cover.  there also is a choice of a white cover so depending of you T@B body color you have a choice.  I asked Elsie for an additional 4 extra screws with the male snap portion and she included them for me.  The cover comes with snaps on all 4 corners but I added extra in the middle of each side.  Probably does not need them, but we keep the cover on when not in use and while traveling.  This helps with air infusion while cold weather camping and also helps keeping insects from nesting in the cool cat.  This cover installs by mounting 4 screw snaps in each corner of the screen cover for the cool cat.  You will need to drill holes in the screen to add the snaps.  The cover does not come with the straps you see on ours (blue straps) and I added them so that I can roll the cover up and  snap it in place.  I don't have to remove the cover when using the cool cat then.  I did not have the straps on the cover we had on our 320 and you do have to remember to remove the cover before using the cool cat.  I know that is simple but it is easy to forget to do and it is not good to use the cool cat while in place.

While I was placing the order, I also ordered the Battery back up for the Alde thermostat.  Skwee told us about that early on when ours 400 was in progress.  It allows you to turn your battery cut off switch off and you will not loose the clock settings on your Alde thermostat. The part# is 66-00-4831.  The price for the back up is $9.20. This is an optional part and you may or may not have a need for it.  We keep our 400 on a battery tender when at home and rarely use the battery cut off.

As you use your new 400 you will find little things that you will add or change to suit your style.  This is part of the unique T@B  owners experience.  We have done several other little things to change ours and you will definitely enjoy such a great product as the T@B.

If I can help with other answers feel free to ask.

Fred, Donna and Jaxson
  • Options
    I really appreciate your answer in detail! It will make it easier now that I have the part #. We love our 400 and will enjoy adding little things here and there. We have the awning and it really helped in Florida last week because we had a lot of rain and wind. It held up very well.
  • Options
    We are considering the Awning or the visor.  Which awning did you purchase.  We so often camp at places that do not have a large flat space next to the T@B so sometimes the awning may not set up.  Hope to make that a winter project. Also noticed your solar.  How do you like it so far?
  • Options
    We bought the awning to match our white and sliver 400 with the black middle. The awning is black and silver and looks great! It's easy to put up in grass and not as easy with a concrete pad, which we had in Florida because all their full hook up sites had a pad in front. We used weighs to hold down the two front sides and used the included plastic stobs for all the rest. We also rolled up the sides partially to allow better air flow in extreme heat. The sides have 3 toggle ties to allow you to do that. 

Concerning our our solar panels, we haven't used them yet so I can't say anything about that. Our 400 came with them and the converter already installed. I will let you know if and when we use solar.
  • Options
    My husband just said it's not a converter; it's an inverted. He also said the solar keeps our battery charged.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info,  will follow the inverter and solar use.
  • Options
    TaBle42TaBle42 Member Posts: 37
    I'm wondering if a finer mesh screen can be placed inside, or outside to prevent insects, etc. from coming in?  However, that being said, I also wonder how it would affect air flow......
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Wanted to add some thoughts.  We're upgrading from a 320 CS-S to a 2019 400 shortly.  For our 320 CS-S, we purchased a Walker Tent.  One of the issues with a tent that we found is that eventual day you have to either setup or tear-down in a rain storm.  Our last trip out a few weeks ago this is exactly what happened.  Naturally my wife wanted the tent up to give us extra protection but by the time it was up, I was soaked.  Of course makes no sense to lay the floor down, the entire area was wet.  While the weather cleared the next day, old mother nature brought the rain back on tear-down day.  Needless to say, trying to roll/fold the Walker in the  rain was a challenge.  Plus, now that it's wet it HAS to be set up as soon as possible to avoid mold.  Now, where do you carry this while traveling.  Our TV is a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk that we have a Thule gear rack on.  Great idea in planning but not in execution.  Trying to lift this Walker bag to the rack without stepping on the seats was a challenge.  We eventually decided to just strap it across the tub while traveling.  One of several reason we upgraded to the 400 was for those days when we arrived either late or during a storm.  Setup was simply dropping the stablizers, hooking up water/elect/sewer then going inside to relax.  Knowing we have a dedicated sleeping and separate eating area.  Now all of that said, we do think we may get the small 400 awning, but the larger tent/awning setups no.  Now, I say no but who knows what the wife says once we start camping in the 400.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2019 T@B 400 BDL. While traveling is the Cool Cat cover on or off.  If on does the cover stay on OK?  I have attached Scotch 3M lock fastener (1 inch wide, plastic locks like velco) around the outside edge of the cover and on the Cool Cat intake trim.  It keeps the mud dobers out.  But I have not tried traveling with the cover on. Thanks, GrayGhost
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I left the cover on while towing at 55-60mph, cover stayed on, with just the four snaps.  I like your added closures, thinking of doing the same.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    I made a plexiglass cover for our Coolcat.  I attached it with Dzus fasteners which provide a secure attachment with quarter-turn on and off.  The cover also gives a place to apply stickers to mark our travels.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I leave the cover off except for winter storage. I suppose if you were using the trailer in cold weather it might help to leave it on also.

Moving down the road, most road spray is going to slip stream right by the grate and any debris of any size is going to be stopped by the grate. In addition the factory cover has some flap to it going down the road. Just don't see the point.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    edited July 2020
    I made my solid cover for road travel and winter storage to protect the CoolCat which may not be necessary but I wanted to take as many precautions as possible as we travel a lot. I also added window screen on the inside of the grill to keep out insects after reading of other posts about mud wasps.  
    The cover has worked well and if I had to make another I would make it out of Lexan and fasten it with Scotch Duo-lock
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts