Options

Tab 400 2021 front window shade adjustment

Tab 400 2021 front window shade needs adjustment. The screen keeps falling down 6 in. Does anyone know how to adjust these?

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    you mean the lower shade is pulling the screen down when they are connected, or the screen on its own, not clipped to the lower shade, does not stay up?
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    GiotaGiota Member Posts: 57
    You are right Denny. The lower shade is pulling the screen down. The lower shade is also piling up pleats at the bottom. 
  • Options
    Yes, thought as much, unclicking the two is an immediate solution, but even Snapped together, they should stay where you want them.  I would contact your dealer for a warranty adjustment here.  Start a warranty “punch” check list whist you shake the trailer down during initial summer use.  Then give the dealer a complete list of what needs to be adjusted/fixed, instead,of nickel and dime him over several little things.
    cheers
  • Options
    Thank you very much. Wise information.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited August 2020
    @Giota, although I cannot locate the original discussion thread, I previously copied the below information, which may be of some assistance.  Since you have a 2021 model, it may not specifically apply to your window, but it does appear from your photo that you can pop off the lower corner of the window frame as depicted below.  (NOTE:  If you are not already doing it, while towing your trailer, keep all the window shades open.  This should help keep them properly adjusted.)

"There is a way to adjust the tension. If you look at the picture you will see a little screw that is circled in red. Pop off the little corner at the bottom of each side to access the screw.  There is a screw on each side of the window.  Tighten the screw to adjust the tension. 

There is a lot of information in this link as well."

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFBCFuVZQDMqKuU&id=6952E6E2E9104218%212174&cid=6952E6E2E9104218

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Thanks, good o know.
    cheers
  • Options
    Thank you very much. Wise information.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this thread.  I just downloaded the videos from the link above and this is exactly the information I need.  My black screen has completely fallen apart.  I look forward to a successful repair.  I will report back on how things came out.
    2018 Tab 320 S / 2001 GMC Jimmy / West Sacramento, CA