Options

All Pro awning install

I have the 2021 T@B 400.  Am I supposed to remove and or cut the black vinyl strip that runs along the perimeter top of the trailer to install the awning or am I missing something?  I do not see any other slot along the top of the trailer that can be used to install the awning.
2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
Portland, OR

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    The keder rail for the awning is located under the plastic trim as you face the side of the TaB - not on top.  In former models it came with a temporary vinyl strip that was easily removed and discarded.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Your arrows are pointing to the black vinyl strip.   Are you saying the awning(cord) insert should be inserted over the black vinyl strip?
    Portland, OR
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    You should be able to see a channel below the black trim...from what I've read it usually is easier to start the awning ( cord insert) from the rear of the trailer.. slightly larger gap for starting it.
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @Polanskyster
    The silver (aluminum) channel just below the black ABS plastic trim is the keder rail. 
    It comes from the factory with a 'filler' flexible black vinyl strip, that simply pulls out, to reveal the actual channel of the keder rail. The black vinyl filler is just to keep out dirt from the keder rail. or perhaps as an aesthetic thing...but it serves no real function and must be removed to use the keder rail.
    Awnings slip into that channel, starting from the open end near the rear of the sidewall.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Thank you ChrisFix.  BTW ChrisFix I see you have a 2021 as well.  Have you found a way to lock your outside storage.  Its crazy that a lock was not included.
    Portland, OR
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @Polanskyster
    I haven't pursued adding locks to the storage or water access doors. 
    Would be nice to have, but so far, I'm just not worrying about it. The outside storage is really too small to store much of value and I'm hoping no one wants to mess with my water!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller