Options

How to Remove 2014 Frigidaire Air Conditioner

Has anyone removed an a/c like this?  I am unsure how to get it out!

2014 Little Guy T@B S Max

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Just remove the wood trim and it will slide right out. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited August 2020
    @KarenK, I do not have that particular model A/C (I have the Danby, installed in a 2019 320 S), but the below video should help in removal of yours.  Start watching around 1:40 on the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=5wnnMmZl5FQ&feature=emb_logo

The A/C is a bit heavy, but not too bad.  If you think it may be too much for you, see if someone can help you remove it.  You will need a step-stool and the correct size Robertson square head bit (available at any hardware store) to remove the screws on the frame around the A/C.  I believe it is a #1 square head screw bit.

The electrical cord should be long enough for you to safely remove the A/C so that you can set it down on the inside bench seat (be sure to cover the cushion with a blanket, or drop cloth.)  You can then remove/unplug the electrical cord if you want to completely remove the A/C from the cabinet.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    KarenKKarenK Member Posts: 50
    This is a big help!  I wasn't clear if I should remove that wooden frame or not. I had visions of breaking something by removing that frame.  Now I see how it is put together.  Perfect! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited August 2020
    My 2015 also had two screws installed from the bottom of the cabinet. It's been a while and I don't recall exactly how everything wasn't attached,  but I know they had to come out as well.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    KarenKKarenK Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for the tip Scott, two screws at the bottom!  Removed!!