Options

Tab 400 2021 speakers

rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
edited October 2020 in Trailer & Towing
The Jensen JWM20 cube is a 2 zone system. Could a current 2021 owner please confirm the following? 

1. There are two speakers in the front cubbie area over the dinette
2. There are two speakers in the bed area
3. There is no speaker over the kitchen sink anymore 
4. Are the front and back speaker pairs wired separately to each zone or do all speakers play all the time on zone one?
2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2020
    I can answer rheee out of the four.  
    1. Their are two speakers in the front dinette in the left and right overhead cubbies, same as on previous models.  This set is normally Zone 1.  
    2. Their are two speakers in the back area, one above the head of The bed on the wardrobe/ wall facing back (same location as before).  This previously was its own zone, #3.  
    3. The fourth speaker is under the galley shelf over the foot of the bed, facing down.  This was moved from its previous position over the galley counter center area.  This was Zone #2.  
    4.  Zone 1 probably remains the front speakers. As for the other two, I can not confirm they are now paired in Zone #2, or remain individually zoned.  A 2021 TaB400 owner with the new Jensen Cube will need to verify this.

That said, I like the change of the galley speaker to the rear area, puts the TV audio back by the TV, which makes more sense to me.  Here are a couple of shots showing these speakers

Bed area speaker, top black circle is the speaker, lower one is the AC vent.

Rear Galley/Bed area speaker under the shelf, over the TV, facing down.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited August 2020
    The speaker selection on the 2021 Jensen Cube are labeled Zone A and Zone B. 
    Zone A is the front. Zone B is the back.
    The two zones are able to be turned on or off independently (just press the Zone button).
     Both on, only one on, or none on (not sure when you'd use that).
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @ChrisFix - I saw that the Jensen is rated for a whopping 4x6 watt output. Is the sound quality decent for what it is?
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    edited August 2020
    @rhyno
    For what it is...I'd give it a definite thumbs up. Speakers must be very efficient, because it will get loud without noticeable distortion. I've found it quite enjoyable...In fact I'm listening to Songs From The Wood played via an Amazon Echo connected to the Jensen via bluetooth at our campground in the Blue Ridge mountains as I write this. And for all the sound compromises that entails, it still sounds pretty darn nice.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    @ChrisFix - I am glad to hear that...both that you are enjoying the Jensen system and that you are a fellow Tull fan. It sounds like you're really enjoying your 400. We are so looking forward to getting ours next spring.