Happy newbie here

HaroloHarolo Member Posts: 30
Hi Tabbers
My name is Harold and I always wanted to buy a travel trailer since I was a kid ....well few months ago I turned 60 and today I just bought my 2020 Tab 400 Boondock lite and last week my TV 2020 Tacoma 3,5 V6...I’m really excited about the idea to go all over Canada &USA and enjoy camping and of course playing tennis 🎾 ! I’m ready to go !! 
My first trip is going to be where I grew up Canada, Quebec city !, à bientôt et au plaisir de se rencontrer!! Hasta Luego!
Cheers! 🇺🇸🇨🇦🎾⛺️🌈
Harold 
New Hampshire 

Comments

• AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Congrats on your purchases! This forum is incredibly helpful in all things T@B. Some very knowledgeable folks on here.

Be safe out there and...

Wear it out, Son!! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Congrats and welcome! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    Welcome I can only hope you have as much enjoyment from your 400 and your adventures as we have in our Tab. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • HaroloHarolo Member Posts: 30
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Congrats and welcome..have to wait a bit to come to Canada..hopefully the borders will be open next month..meanwhile you can see what's open in Quebec..the last I heard was Provincial parks may only be open to people who live in that province..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • ytram1958ytram1958 Member Posts: 20
    Congratulations and welcome. The forum has been a huge help for us.
    2017 Tab 320s Outback, Towed by a 2017 Jeep Jku, Live in Prescott, Arizona
  • Boomerb77Boomerb77 Member Posts: 17
    congrats Harold. Hop you enjoy every day, see you on the road across Canada/ USA 
    2021 400 BD / 2020  F-150, 3.5L EcoBoost / NE Ohio
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2020
    Welcome aboard.  We got our first ”travel trailer” when I turned 70, decided now was the time, not getting my younger.  We have a TaB400.  I too looked on from the sidelines, thinking it would be a grand way to poke around the back roads.

I had a “trailer” whilst in college in my mid to late 60s, but this beast was a 30+ foot, late 1959,Kenskill Vacation Mobil Home, kind of like a scaled down 8x40-60 foot Mobile home of the 60s.  Had a fresh water tank for drinking water, but everything thing else was shore side hookups.  This beast was heavy, and awkward to move around.  It was designed to be “parked” at your vacation spot and left there.

ThenTaB 400 has almost as much useable room, main difference is the so-called down size of the appliances, and the TaB has a better bed arrangement.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • MichiganSunshineMichiganSunshine Member Posts: 19
    Welcome!  I'm a newbie too!  I've been divorced for 2 years, 61 yrs old and decided "why, not?"  Loving it so far!
    Kathy - Lansing, MI
    2017 T@B 320 SC-S, 2016 Suburu Outback
  • SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Hello and welcome to the f@mily, Harold. Happy trails!
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    Cheers Harold, and congrats. We too are newbies. I have been sitting on the sidelines wondering what it would be like to tour the country with a trailer. An other retired co-worker bought a T@B320 CSS and it intrigued me. So been looking at teardrops for 2 years now and finally took the plunge. We are still waiting for delivery...the anticipation and excitement is killing me...

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• HaroloHarolo Member Posts: 30
    Welcome! Hope you’ll get your trailer soon!
  • warbler_roadwarbler_road Member Posts: 83
    Hiya! We also have the 2020 T@B 400 pulled by a Taco and have found it a good combo. We drive it with the transmission in the S5 position. Have gotten as good as 15.5 MPG with it. Available for any questions. 
    • Virginia
    • 2020 T@B 400
    • 2018 Tacoma SR V6 3.5L
  • AaronCAaronC Member Posts: 57
    My wife and I are so eager to return to Quebec with our TAB! I can only dream about when the border will open. We spent three weeks cycling 700 miles around the province a few years ago, and fell totally in love with it, especially the Eastern Townships. Let's hope and pray for better days. Meanwhile, Midwest camping is fantastic.
  • Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    Welcome!
    A year and change later, we still rave about the 400BDL to people looking for one.

As a newbie, you may benefit from a users manual I wrote for another newbie on our 2019 400BDL.
    While the writeup would benefit from a 2020 updat, aside from the AC unit, things should pretty much be the same.  Enjoy your unit.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/114640#Comment_114640
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2020
    You do not need to revise the existing document.  All you need is a 2020 and 2021 TaB400 Addendum detailing the changes from a 2019, giving proper procedure for using the Nautilus system, which is the big change p, along worth the Air8 on 2020 models.  You could also add Alde Glycol tank location change, and Inverter outlet changes.  Also add in the details in the Jensen Cube entertainment system differences.   A Addendum for the Solo would also be nice. 
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.