Options

Using the TaB forum phone mobile website, I read:

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
edited September 2020 in Help - Computer & System
Interested in how members access the forum via their smartphones.  
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Using the TaB forum phone mobile website, I read: 17 votes

only new thread comments from the Home page.
23% 4 votes
new thread comments from the Home page and my own wall messages via a Notification.
35% 6 votes
new thread comments from the Home page and the public wall via the Activity area.
5% 1 vote
I usually/frequently/only use the forum Full Site view on my phone
35% 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    When you say "app" do you mean the mobile site that comes up by default, or is there an actual app that needs to be downloaded.

And forgive me if that is a dumb question as I have only recently evolved to the point of having a smart phone.  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    there’s an app?
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sorry to get your hopes up, but there is no app, just a website link. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I should have said “mobile version”  or “mobile website”as opposed to the “Full Site” view that you can also access on a smartphone.
  • Options
    @ScottG - yes, the mobile site that comes up when you enter https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Never access the site on my phone. I'm old, still prefer the laptop. I have a smartphone, but really only use it to glance at stuff to see if it's important enough to open up the computer and really look.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    While I check the forum on my phone (using the mobile site), I mostly reserve posting for when I have a real keyboard.

I never look at a "wall" (public or private) and since I'm here so frequently I have all my notifications turned off. That applies regardless of whether I am using a phone or a computer. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    99% of the time I use the full site on my phone as it is always with me, and the iPad needs WiFi.  I can enlarge the screen, move the screen to the left to see the Categories anything I can do on the iPad. I have lost my proficiency on the laptop with the forum since I rarely use it anymore. 

If I have a stylus, my own spell-checking is better on the iPhone, but mostly I have to proofread, submit, edit, then submit again as I always seem to miss the spelling somewhere😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Verna said:
    99% of the time I use the full site on my phone as it is always with me, and the iPad needs WiFi.  I can enlarge the screen, move the screen to the left to see the Categories anything I can do on the iPad. I have lost my proficiency on the laptop with the forum since I rarely use it anymore. 

If I have a stylus, my own spell-checking is better on the iPhone, but mostly I have to proofread, submit, edit, then submit again as I always seem to miss the spelling somewhere😂
    What’s a laptop? LOL I’m 99.999% iPad/iPhone at this point.

On the phone, it’s the default discussion mobile view in Safari. I generally only use the phone to read, very rarely to type anything, usually before I get up in the morning or late at night. Otherwise, it’s all iPad, all the time.

I’ve never bothered with the public wall.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Activity area - what's that?   ;)
    I occasionally switch to/check the "desktop site" view from my Chrome browser settings on my Android phone, only if I'm looking for additional message formatting options or to see someone's signature line.  Otherwise, the text is too small without turning my phone sideways, so I don't bother.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    hamrxhamrx Member Posts: 16
    i don't view it on the phone or iPad.  Difficult answering or posting.  Reading is enough of a hassel on the phones
    Former 5th wheel and now T@B 320s owner. Amateur Radio Operator. Pulled by 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4 x 4