Options

Alde cutoff switch mod from @BrianZ 

Alde fault reset and fuse protection made easy.
My 20 pound propane tank was running out this weekend. I got the gas failure fault message on the Alde 3020 panel. To reset a fault the 12DC power to the Alde must be cycled to reset. This happened three times while troubleshooting and changing the propane tank. Because I had already installed the @BrianZ Alde cutoff switch mod, it was a 5 second reset. I repost this MOD because many people are discussing Alde problems requiring a fault reset or troubleshooting Alde power issues.
Seeing the blue LED indicator OFF - on the Alde cutoff switch - when breaking camp - reminds me the Alde ground fuse won't be blown on the next shore power-up (2016 and older). Also this eliminates 82ma current draw when boondocking and Alde is not required.

@BrianZ post - Ok, I  did it - I  added kill switches to both the Jensen audio & Alde 12V power lines to save 125 mA of background power usage (combined with TV switch added previously), or 3AH per day of our previous 5AH per day usage.  So now we would only be using about 2AH per day for background electronics.

Above is the 12V Alde line kill switch next to the converter.
I used these switches..
AutoEC 3pc 12V 20A Car Truck Round Rocker Toggle LED Switch Blue Light SPST On-off Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012IJ35VQ
The switches have 3 terminals, where the extra terminal is for connecting to ground if you want to light it's LED when the switch is on.
I mounted the Alde switch next to the converter, because that's where the wires were closest, and the rear wall was too thick with 3 layers of plywood.  I verified that the amperage reading at the fuse terminals was zero with the switch off.

Update on the wiring of my two switches pictured above..

This shows the 12V green circuit #5 line that goes from the converter to the Alde, which I cut the positive (green) line, added a spade connector & plugged into the switch power terminal.  Added a piece of red 16G wire to the short end going to Alde & connected to load terminal (doesn't really matter which for these two).  I used one of these easy tap splices..
3M(TM) Scotchlok(TM) Electrical IDC Connector 804-BOX, Run and Tap, Blue, 18-16 AWG solid/stranded, 14 AWG stranded, 25ct - 80000209652 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0035R7TKO
..to connect the dark green ground wire to the white ground wire and from there to the brass-colored ground terminal.
Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul

Comments