Options

Question for Purple line rv movers owners

After looking at the Purple line USA site multiple times and doing other research, I found a listing for their US Dealers.  Where did you purchase your Purple line mover.  Directly from the Purple line site or from a dealer.  Can you recommend a dealer?
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2020
    I got mine from Purpleline via their ebay offering, which lets you offer less, and had it shipped directly to my installer because it weighs around 100 pounds.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I ordered it directly from Purple Line. I had it shipped to my mechanic who decided he didn’t want to mess it up, so I called my dealer tech department. I explained it to the manager, emailed links to the installation video and online manual. Since they had never installed one before I negotiated the installation price and gave them the PL owners’ name and cell number to call if they ran into any problems. They did a great job, and now there are two shops in Washington State who know how to install them, one on each side of the Cascades! I’m loving it! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks for the comments.  I noticed on the dealer site about 6 or so dealers.  Princess craft in TX is about the closest to us.  Hope to order soon and get it on our 400.
  • Options
    atlasb said:
    Thanks for the comments.  I noticed on the dealer site about 6 or so dealers.  Princess craft in TX is about the closest to us.  Hope to order soon and get it on our 400.
    If you aren’t going to do the install yourself, and the dealer can do so, then I see no reason to order direct unless there’s some massive price difference. I’d call Princess Craft and get quote both for the product and for installation.

Installation is 4-6 labor hours. Mine was under $500 for labor. In my case, it was simply quicker for me to let my Tab dealer arrange the install with a 3rd party customizer prior to picking up the Tab when I bought it. Ironically, the closest dealer for Purpleline was across the street from my Tab dealer, but it would have taken a few weeks for an appointment.

2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I will be doing the install myself in our shop.  Have an email into Princess Craft and will see what they say.  Thanks for the added info.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    I was interested in the Purple Line Quattro a member posted about, but going to the Purple Line USA site, it has zero reference to that model (only shows enduro and e-go). And also says the e-go is out of stock, but if you go to order one, it lets you...just not a very good site. 
    Calling them led to a very British voicemail...not leading to a great feeling for future support.
    It seems like a great system, but I'm very wary of after sales support on this and think I'll go with a Trax power dolly for my needs.

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ChrisFix I have the Enduro on my 320S. I agree about the voicemail "feeling" however, that's the Purple Line owner and when you do get someone, it's either him or his wife. I found him to be more than helpful when I was ordering and finding someone to install. He gave me his personal cell phone number to give to the installer and would walk through any questions or issues with them. He knows his product and is very willing to help. I think their original business model (purely my hunch) is for someone to install it themselves, hence the install videos, etc. As more of us who aren't able to install them buy them, he is flexible in offering his help. Just my hunch, and two cents. Don't let the voicemail send you running away! I used mine two days ago to get Ladybug out in some sunlight, and I love the ease of use!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I haven't spoken with them personally, but did have frequent email communication, and they were awesome! I too bought off their ebay link with an open box unit. Quick delivery and great customer service.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    I spoke with the rep in California yesterday and the Quattro isn’t on the web because they are not releasing it nationally yet. They have a small inventory available.(Only 5 left as of today) I had my dealer call them and order. Should be in soon. You will most likely have to call them yourself. 
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @VictoriaP I am intrigued by that purpleline mover.  I have watched a number of videos..
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    PNWtabber said:
    @VictoriaP I am intrigued by that purpleline mover.  I have watched a number of videos..
    It’s amazing. Happy to talk if you want, just message me so we don’t take this thread off track. The one disadvantage is the zombies it attracts, though. It gets a LOT of attention.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 180
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Newbie Warning - Beware of the Lurking Zombies.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited October 2020
    Victoria, does your Purpleline mover handle slight uphill grades, or gravel surfaces OK?
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Victoria, does your Purpleline mover handle slight uphill grades, or gravel surfaces OK?
    cheers
    Yes to both, and not necessarily just slight grades. I have a steep curved driveway with a rock wall on one side, which is how I ended up with the Purpleline, since movers like the Trailer Valet cannot handle steep slopes. The section closest to the road is so sharply inclined that professionals who’ve tried to back up the driveway inevitably take a few tries...hard to get traction on the aggregate, which doesn’t help. I actually unhitch on the road (also sloped) and the Purpleline just slowly and steadily chugs through that section, no problem.

I have used it on packed gravel campsites with the addition of a double pneumatic front wheel (prior to getting the double wheel from Croft mentioned in another thread). Have not tried it in deeper gravel or mud.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart would you please share the name/location of the Western Washington shop that installs these?  Thanks!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Homebody is on the other side of the Cascades.

Western WA: Apache Poulsbo, call to see about other locations. Kr@cken and another member have both used Poulsbo this year. When I had mine done in April 2019, Everett would not do it, but called in Cascade Custom Coaches in Sultan, who did an excellent job. Now that Poulsbo is doing them, Tacoma and Everett may also be.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited October 2020
    Thanks Victoria, I thought I remembered your driveway was a big slope.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks @VictoriaP.  Not sure I will go this route, but good info for the back pocket.  I am ok at backing the trailer, but I have a narrow and steep side yard and I can see how this would be a great convenience, especially if no one is around to spot me.

• Options
    PNWtabber said:
    Thanks @VictoriaP.  Not sure I will go this route, but good info for the back pocket.  I am ok at backing the trailer, but I have a narrow and steep side yard and I can see how this would be a great convenience, especially if no one is around to spot me.
    Yeah, in my case I’m 100% solo, and while I actually have a tall enough carport to accommodate the Tab, the curved driveway and rock wall make it tricky to get a standard car into that spot...the trailer would have been impossible, especially on my own. With the mover, I have a covered spot for the trailer, and a whole lot less stress when it comes to hitching, unhitching, leveling, and backing into campsites...the mover can assist with all of it.

But it’s not cheap, obviously, and even less so if you pay for installation. For me, disabled and solo, it was the difference between having a trailer or not. For many, it’s probably more of a luxury.
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW