SnapPads for 2020 400 BD

I saw other threads about extending stabilizer reach, but not specifically on the SnapPads. My BAL feet are 5.5 inch square, so I got the "MINI Square 5" model. They were VERY easy for me to put on by myself. Lots of dishwashing soap, and I just used my hand crank to push the feet into the pads. I cleaned them thoroughly first. They have a substantial weight and feel.

We shall see how they stay on. If anyone can bash these things off, it'll be me! I hopelessly mangled my step over the Summer on a rocky forest road. I cranked them up and there's no conflict. The lip is about 1.5" thick sticking down, but there are other things that stick down farther (tank valves and such).

"Before" photo:

"After"

2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab

Comments

• PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Interesting.  I always have to put lego-blocks under my stabilizers to get them to reach.  My stabilizer feet are round.  Would they work?
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2020
    The ones I got wouldn't fit on round feet. I've never had a problem with the feet not touching, but they have been cranked to their 'max' before = less stable. IMO These are more for protecting your feet from scratches, and to give them a good stabilizing base that you don't need to fuss with. I'm still keeping the previous dense 'foam' pads in case I do need some more lift on the feet or tongue.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    PNWtabber said:
    Interesting.  I always have to put lego-blocks under my stabilizers to get them to reach.  My stabilizer feet are round.  Would they work?
    @PNWtabber This thread probably has a better option for lengthening the reach of the too-short stabilizers on a 320 Boondock. It’s a known issue that 2020 and earlier 320 Boondock owners have to cope with. (2021 have a different style stabilizer). There are different style SnapPads, but I haven’t seen one for our stabilizers, and they aren’t really designed to increase stabilizer reach much anyway.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6900/leveling-an-outback-boondock-t-b
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Thanks, again, @VictoriaP, I'll check it out!

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @PNWtabber, you might take a look at these too.  I have not tried them, and they are currently out of stock:

https://rvsnappad.com/products/mini-6-4-pack
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 178
    I use a snap pad on my electric jack I use a snap pad on my electric jack and wanting to do same on my stabilizers. Just waiting on the “minis” to become available again. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
    @VictoriaP -- it looks like others are doing what I am doing to "extend" the boondock levelers, add leveling blocks.

I chatted with SnapPad.  The pads only add 1" in height.  The "minis" (6") weigh 2.4 pounds each (9.6 pounds for the set).  They expect to have them back in stock in a couple of weeks, for those who are looking for them.  

• RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    By adding these rubber pads, you have in effect isolated your RV  from any grounding achieved thru contact of the supports to the ground. The ground within the RV is normally the steel frame. This I think means you are totally dependent on the ground wire to the campground electrical supply. This perhaps is only an issue in an electrical storm if you don’t unplug. More knowledgeable folks please chime in on this.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    RCB said:
    By adding these rubber pads, you have in effect isolated your RV  from any grounding achieved thru contact of the supports to the ground. The ground within the RV is normally the steel frame. This I think means you are totally dependent on the ground wire to the campground electrical supply. This perhaps is only an issue in an electrical storm if you don’t unplug. More knowledgeable folks please chime in on this.
    Given that most of us end up putting plastic pads beneath these already, are they really being used for grounding at all? (I am not of the “more knowledgeable” crew on this score, genuine question here.)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • m_lewism_lewis Member Posts: 76
    Safety chains might give some connection to ground. But why desire it? I think you may be safer floating than securely bonded to earth. (Electrically speaking.)
    It is unlikely that a direct lightning strike is going to be dissuaded by a half inch of rubber after traveling thousands of feet through the air. while a charge may develop from the EMP of a nearby strike, unless you have one foot in the camper and another outside on the ground, you are in no danger. The electronics are safer, too, with no path to ground. 
    Of course, with thousands of volts and amps sparking around, anything is possible, so “safer” is a very relative term. 
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite, BMW X3
  • CaneRidgeJohnCaneRidgeJohn Member Posts: 1
    Amazonica, three years in now on those SnapPads, what do you think? Would you get them again?
    2024 TAB 400 Boondock + Convenience Package + Black Canyon + Lithium (4)
    2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    Nashville, Tennessee