320 Air8 Compressor

trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
Our 320-s is not a year old and our AC never worked. The dealer we bought it says they are still waiting on a new compressor...It has been since August.  Any idea when we can get one? ( yeah, I know we won't need one this winter,(smile)
2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Please make sure your dealer has contacted the warranty department at nüCamp (you should email warranty@nucamprv.com with VIN, model of T@B, location and dealer). Then contact Elwell and make sure you are on their list.

Here is the original post concerning the Air8 air conditioning units in the 2020 400 models, just FYI:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/10397/official-statement-from-scott-hubble-concerning-the-air8-air-conditioner/p1

A search of Air8 will bring up more discussions.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    edited November 2020
    Have a 2020 320-s, purchased last April.  7 Trips then at end of August, when we really needed it.  It blew warm air.  Aug 11 dropped at dealer, they said compressor not working. Still no real answers from either the dealer or nuCamp...still in holding pattern with no direction Nov.18
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    You did not say if you purchased this new or used, but, if you are still under warranty with the Elwell product, the real answer is replacing the unit.  I think nuCamp would probably refer this to Elwell.  Who exactly has the dealer contacted? 

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @trimtab, your Air8 problem is not part of this 2020 T@B 400 Air8 problem. If you have contacted your dealer, nüCamp warranty and Elwell, you need to contact all 3 again to remind them you have a T@B 320 compressor problem. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    I have talked to Emily more than once. She knows we have a 320 which is 9 months old, it's a 2020.
    She never got back to me with any information, she knows the situation, it's been over a month since I talked to her.
    The dealer gave up on Elwell, they are still waiting for a new unit from nuCamp.
    It would be nice if nuCamp said something..

thanks for the help..........
    @trimtab - if Emily is from the nuCamp Warranty Department, please send an email and explain who you are, that the dealer has not received the new unit from nuCamp and you have been waiting 3 long months.  I would establish a paper trail.  Who exactly has the dealer spoken with at nuCamp?
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    @trimtab Have you tried YouTube to get more informed. I am constantly amazed at how much video information is available. If you have a problem other’s have had the same problem. Sometimes the fixes are quite simple. If you’re not handy at DYI maybe a friend can help you.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    The dealer in Portland, Apache, has already determined that the compressor does not work and they can not fix it.
    I have talked to Emily more than once, she knows exactly the situation. No feedback from her.
    I have contacted Elwell, not feedback from them. That is where things stand now.

@trimtab, if you read through the 2020 T@B 400 Air8 discussion, it appears that your experiences with Elwell are the same as the T@B 400 owners. Actually your warranty on the Air8 is with Elwell, so you should keep trying to contact them. 

If you haven’t already completed it, you should complete the warranty information on the website on the Elwell site that is in the Elwell manual that came with your new T@B. In fact, it’s a good thing to fill out all of the warranties for all of the stand-alone warranties for the components of the items in your T@B not covered by nüCamp’s warranty for Craftsmanship and Structural Integrity. 

I need to spend time in my new T@B getting the serial numbers for the Elwell and any other component that I need to register for their warranty. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @trimtab - The squeaky wheel gets the oil...it has been over a month since you spoke with her.  Contact her again.  
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    And, I,would be sending weekly notes to Ewell and the dealer, so they will get on Ewell’s case also.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.