Excited to Pick Up our 2021 TAB400 Boondock

BillH46BillH46 Member Posts: 3
Hi All,
Laura and I are headed to pick up our 2021 TAB400 Boondock Tuesday Feb 2nd. We plan to camp a few days before bringing her home to the coast. We'll post some photos and first impressions upon our return.

Thanks to all on this forum for sharing your insights and experiences. You guided our decisions and dramatically increased our RV'ing knowledge base (we're RV'ing newbies). Previously we've been sailboaters and were happy to learn that at least some of the terms/gear we knew before translate into RV'ing - shore power cords, wet heads,12v fridge, inverters and most important adventure and community!

Cheers
  • Bill & Laura
  • 2021 TAB 400 Boondock
  • Towed by 2021 4Runner (Magnetic Gray)
  • N.C. Southeastern Coast

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited February 2021
    Congratulations, welcome aboard, and have a safe trip.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Congratulations! As a former powerboat owner I concur with your thoughts there!

Enjoy it, folks. "Wear it Out!" 

2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @BillH46, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and most importantly, congratulations on your trailer!  Waiting on those pics. Following. (I promise not the stalker type)!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • BillH46BillH46 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks all. There will be pics!
    • Bill & Laura
    • 2021 TAB 400 Boondock
  • BillH46BillH46 Member Posts: 3

Maiden Voyage

We picked up our 2021 TAB400 Boondock Tuesday 2 Feb at D&H RV in Apex, NC. Chase, one of the techs at D&H gave us a through walk through of the systems. Once our Equalizer WDH was installed we drove to Falls Lake State Park near Durham, NC. We camped for 2 nights in 22° weather.

We absolutely LOVE our TAB and especially the Alde heating system (and lots more of course)! We practiced backing into our campsite several times (as complete newbies, that was an adventure in itself). We did a few short walks, tested out lots of our TAB’s features and love it.

Our drive home to NC southeast coast was uneventful, other than those times when I would glance in my review mirror and wonder for a split second who was tailgating us so close – our Tab of course. We’re looking forward to warmer weather and more adventures soon and meeting this community face-to-face.

• Bill & Laura
    • 2021 TAB 400 Boondock
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    Welcome to the family.  After many nights camping and thousands of miles traveled we are still very much in love with our 400 and our appreciation of NuCamp has only grown stronger. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Good for you @BillH46!  Glad to see some ground not covered by white stuff!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio