What’s a 400 Boondock Lite?

GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
Ok..... so I know the 320 inside and out.  From its history to virtually every bolt and fuse in it.  And never really paid any attention to other models.  But we’re thinking of moving up to a 400 from a 320 Boondock.  A couple on the market we’re interested in are 400 Boondock Lites.  I’ve Googled and used the above search bar.  Aside from not having the platform on front, what makes it a “Lite”?
 Thanks.
2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
Odessa, Fl.  

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    More aggressive tires than a regular 400, tilted axle, special door handle, lighted step (first model to use that), 2019 was the first year to use the Lite designation. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    edited February 2021
    2019 400 Boondock Models (no front aluminum platforms to reduce tongue weight)

LITE: 15-inch matte black sport rims with off road tires, but standard spare Pitched axle Diamond Plated Tub Boondock entry handle/graphics
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited February 2021
    The Boondock Lite 400 was 2019/2020 models.  I do not believe nüCamp offered a Boondock Edge for the 400, only the Lite version, with options for Solar and a full size matching spare AT wheel.   In 2021 it is just called the Boondock, no Lite or Edge option.  The Boondock Lite/Edge models were developed out of the original TaB Outback for the 320 series and TaG trailers which were last made in 2018, when they became the BoonDock Lite/Edge options in 2019.  
    See https://nucamprv.com/blog/new-boondock-packages-for-off-road-adventures/

All came with the raised pitch axles, larger all terrain tires, later models had an aluminum step and a larger entry handle.  The Boondock also included the Solar Package as part of the Boondock option.  Previously Soloar was an option on all models of the TaB400.

The front rack and Aluminum front Tub was added to the 2020 TaB400 when the AC was moved under the rear bunk, and is also on the new 2021 version, with the axle moved forward to lighten the tongue weight, and a larger front Aluminum tub was added to all models of the TaB.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    @Denny16 -  My info was taken from a document created to address the numerous changes over the years.  If you can see any updates, please let me know and I will add it to the list.  When the advertising first came out, nuCamp did list both Lite and Edge for the 400.  They have since changed their info to indicate that the Edge is specific only for the 320 and TaGs.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021717/uploads/editor/qu/uphbcxtjjt4f.pdf
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2021
    Yes, I remember  you previously saying their was a marketing release, showing the TaB400 Boondock Edge as an option, but the 400 Edge was never built or released as far as I can tell.  From what I have read, the TaB400 Boondock Lite, which was available in 2019-2020.   I just watched the 2018 TaB nüCamp factory video tour Mandy Lee did which had the release info on the TaB400.

We had our 2018 TaB400 converted to an Outback (BoonDock), with the pitch axle and AT Wheels, front entry handle and front aluminum tub.  We already had the factory solar and inverter setup.  So there is at least one 2018 TaB400 Outback.
    The official TaB 400 Boondock Lite with solar and inverter added, was released in 2019.

It looks like the TaB320 Boondock Lite/Edge option was released on the 2019 year model, just after the TaB400 was released in 2018, previously the TaB (320 series) was an Outback edition, similar to the Boondock Lite model.  
    Cheers
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Thanks folks.  I didn’t want to start arguments.  I think I only really care about the pitched axle/increased clearance so I am looking for a Boondock.  I was wondering differences between 400 Boondock and 400 Boondock Lite.
    Odessa, Fl.  

edited February 2021
    Not an argument, just a friendly banter, and clarification.  Hope you were able to get what you needed out of this muddy discussion  ;)
    cheers
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Denny16 said:
    Not an argument, just a friendly banter, and clarification.  Hope you were able to get what you needed out of this muddy discussion  ;)
    cheers
    Thanks. Muddy it is.  It looks like I could be happy with a BDL , for the axle then add the front platform.  I don’t care about the foo foo lighted handles, steps or graphics.
    just want a trailer ready “ready to gitter done”!
    Odessa, Fl.  

edited February 2021
    The front platform is part of the current Boondock package on the 2020 and 2021 models.  Unless you buy a 2019, you are going to get the graphics, et all.
    our 2018 was ordered plain Jane, no graphics.  The Boondock handle is a black, plain and sturdy grab rail to help.you in the trailer, no frills.  Our TaB400 came without the sink in the washroom also, who needs two sinks in a small trailer?  

Seriously, a 2021 TaB400 Boondock is grand, comes with everything you need, including solar.  Here is our custom 2018 TaB 400 Outback:

We opted for the 2021 front tub, without the platform.  Due to the slope of our pitch, we did need the extra step to get in.  The side is just like the front, no added graphics.
    cheers
  • m_lewism_lewis Member Posts: 76
    The best reason I can think of for having two sinks is the same one as I once heard from a man in the hills that had a nice home, with running water, and an outhouse. When asked why, he replied, "We don't like to s#$* where we eat."
    In short, food safety.

2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite, BMW X3
    Having a sink in the toilet washroom is more about convince, than it is food safety.  You are more likely to contaminate the galley area with bad meat than you are by washing your hands in the galley sink, as long as food is not in it.

That said, I am thinking of adding a small folding basin in the toilet, just for the added convince, especially when the galley is in use.  
    Cheers