Options

2021 Tab 320 A/C unit

I can't decide if I want to buy a new TAB 320 with the new "central air conditioning" or find an 18 to 20 used one with the wall mounted unit. I would be interested to know if 2021 owners have been happy with the new model. Any input would be welcome....Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    I think the Air8 was installed in the 320 starting with the 2020 model.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NursejoeNursejoe Member Posts: 32
    Ok thanks...the question remains the same. Are people happy with the central air as opposed to wall unit?
  • Options
    Does anyone have any complaints regarding their TAB 320 with the new style AC unit. Need to know before I buy new rather than used. Thanks
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    The Air8 has been an adequate air conditioner for the 320s.  Not too many complaints from owners as I recall.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Nursejoe, many of us received our 2021 T@b 320’s AFTER the cooling season was over. I have no idea how it works, but there’s a manual, a website and the forum for that. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna, thanks for the reply. I am aware there is a manual, which is produced by the manufacture. Also, a website with is operated by Nucamp (I presume that's who you are referring to). And as far as forums are concerned, I thought that's where I was/am. What I am looking for are real results from users...ego, first hand experience. Again thanks for taking the time to respond.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    From a cooling perspective, the new AC keeps the 320 cooler and dryer than the old wall mount unit. If I had a complaint, it would be with the outside noise from the exhaust. The noise became a running joke for my camping friends last summer, but, it sure does a swell job.

Like most air conditioning, it does a lot better job keep a cool trailer cool than playing catchup in the mod day sun,

I really appreciated the amount of moisture it seemed to remove.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    Our 2c is that the cooling power is fantastic, but the vents inside sound like jet engines when it's running, like unbelievably loud rushing air
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the informative responses. Have either of you been in or around one with the window unit to compare noise levels. Thanks again for responding!