How to remove nüCamp’s Velcro for the seat cushions

Comments

• AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    Off topic, but I wish nuCamp would read this thread. The Velcro strips they use to hold up the seat cushions are all but impossible to remove without damaging the wall. Between the adhesive and the staples it’s a lost cause. Anyone find a good way to do this?
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• William_KeeverWilliam_Keever Member Posts: 37
    I totally agree. I want to get rid of those as well. Hopefully someone can offer some good ideas. 
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I ignored them in my 2014 T@B S Max. They are on the wall to stay, and I had better things to do than to worry about them....camping, site seeing, friends, campfires,, etc. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    I had no problem removing them on 2015. Maybe they are using a different adhesive. Removing the staples will leave small holes. Try using a hair dryer to soften the adhesive for an easier release.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Still learning my way around my T@B 320, this year, I am going to try leaving the "rear" bed made up and leave those side cushions at home.  I'm not ready to remove the velcro, but was trying to think of a creative or decorative way to cover the velcro when the cushions are not in the trailer.  Any thoughts?
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    To make the velcro "inoperable" get a strip of velcro the same size and mate the opposite side to the velcro stuck on the trailer.  The velcro will still be there if you want it in the future but it wont "grab the seat cushions. Use the other side of the velcro you bought on the seat cushions themselves.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @PNWtabber - I would find a favorite camp postcard, frame it with a picture mat and glue the other side of a piece of velcro to the back.  Instant decor and you preserve the velcro to use later with the cushion.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio