mounting points for gear nets

I ordered 2 of these gear nets for above the valances on my 2014 T@B 320 S:
https://www.organizedobie.com/8-x36--Barrier-Stretch-Net

I'm looking for one more mounting point for the gear net and would like to know if there is anything structural behind this strip (circled in the photo below), such a cross member? I don't want to drill a pilot hole until I know what's behind there. Hoping it's not "foam".

A few other notes on the Organized Obie products:
- the 8x36" is a good size for the space above the 2 valances (unless you have an air conditioner or other gear mounted in this location). It's a tight fit, but you want tension on the nets.
- they are expensive for us Canadians (double the list price, when you include duty, shipping and currency conversion) but they are ideal because they can be mounted in trapezoid shapes, like that above the valances.
- I've been out on 2 trips now and LOVE these gear nets! I leave them mostly unloaded when traveling and use them for storing clothing and toiletries when at my campsite. Helps keep my space organized and I can easily find what I'm looking for.

2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada

Comments

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    edited March 2021
    @Mellow_Yellow, I do not have the nets in my 320 S, and I cannot answer your specific question, but I took these photos of the mounting points in a 2019 320 S Boondock.  Based on the first photo below, it appears that you are on the right track.  I suppose the only issue is the length of the screw that you use to mount it to the wood strip on the ceiling.

P.S.  After posting the below photos, I recalled that I previously made note of the following helpful discussion thread, which is probably just what you need:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6927/boondock-style-cargo-nets/p1

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    thanks @Bayliss! It turns out, there is metal directly behind the strip. So I gave up on the additional mounting point, but I'm still really pleased with the look and function of the nets

Net 1: Driver's side, leaving lots of clearance for the smoke detector.

Net 2: Passenger side, with the fairy lights salvaged from my prior 'van camping' set up. The former TV mounting panel is shown just to the right of the outdoor light switch. I think this one looks extra 'nautical' :pirate:

2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada