Options

how to figure the resale value

is there a valuing site for campers like KBB? Wonder what sale and trade in values are for T@bs

2014 T@b CS - S, Clamshell with wet bath, 2015 Chevy Colorado tow vehicle. 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    No, there is no such site.  The best way to determine value seems to be to look at T@B's that are as similar as possible that have recently sold.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    As I understand it, now that T@Bs are being titled, they should be in the NADA book.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    NADA has pricing info. Here's the link: http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Manufacturers. You have to scroll down the page to the "Don't see your manufacturer" list.  They've got a selection for T@B (pre-2010) and T@B by Little Guy for the newer models.  I don't know how accurate it is but it might offer some guidance.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    geromogeromo Member Posts: 33
    Most areas have property tax on RV's that are computed from some list/guide so there must be some publication. Check with your local tax office to see what they use.
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    When I went in May to renew my tags and pay my GA ad valorem, they said "Hmmm. Not listed. How much is it worth?"
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My insurance agent found it listed last Oct.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Spruce1 said:
    NADA has pricing info. Here's the link: http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Manufacturers. You have to scroll down the page to the "Don't see your manufacturer" list.  They've got a selection for T@B (pre-2010) and T@B by Little Guy for the newer models.  I don't know how accurate it is but it might offer some guidance.
    T@B's are in this NADA list. Follow the instruction given by Spruce1. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Is what they are listing the MFG suggested list price when new, or the avg sale price used? They seem pretty high to me if avg sale price used...
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    EjiEji Member Posts: 12
    how much an a T@b 320 s Sofitel 2018 depreciate ?
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    As a general rule of thumb, it appears that most Tabs sell for $1,000 for every year (i.e. 2018 = $18,000)give or take.  If you find one priced high, the seller is wanting the buyer to take the hit in depreciation.  As with all vehicles, and especially RV's, depreciation on a new unit is a killer.   Trade in value is brutal because a dealer won't give you a fraction of what it's worth.  Do a lot of research on used units through RV Trader, RVT, here on this site under "for sale", ebay, craigslist, etc.  Beware of sellers that are deeply discounting a unit, check it over very carefully.   NADA should start having more information on this as more units are sold & licensed.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @JandJ92010 depends on your state whether you need a title.   In ohio 320's and tags get no title.    I am unsure about the 400s
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    mfmccannmfmccann Member Posts: 4
    Thinking of purchasing a very used Dutchmen 2004-5 T@D T2. NADA suggests it is worth around $5,000. Seems in good shape, but my experience in this arena is nonexistent. I'd like thoughts from folks who have bought used (especially older used). What do you wish you had explored BEFORE you took possession? I imagine battery and charging system (and don't know much about how to explore that). Refrigerator (and once again, no nothing about exploring that).
    Of course I'd rather buy a new one - and if I could afford to do that I would at least consider it. But I can't. And even more I can't afford to buy something that then ends up costing 2x what I paid for it to bring it up to spec.

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    mfmccann said:
    Thinking of purchasing a very used Dutchmen 2004-5 T@D T2. NADA suggests it is worth around $5,000. Seems in good shape, but my experience in this arena is nonexistent. I'd like thoughts from folks who have bought used (especially older used). What do you wish you had explored BEFORE you took possession? I imagine battery and charging system (and don't know much about how to explore that). Refrigerator (and once again, no nothing about exploring that).
    Of course I'd rather buy a new one - and if I could afford to do that I would at least consider it. But I can't. And even more I can't afford to buy something that then ends up costing 2x what I paid for it to bring it up to spec.

Be very careful of the Dutchman’s as they use plywood in the floors and they have been known to rot. Look VERY closely for this.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @mfmccann, you express concern about the mechanicals, and those are standard items to check. The early Dutchman (Thor) t@bs were constructed from mostly wood. They are prone to water invasion and wood rot if not having been cared for religiously. Check under the benches for water stains. The same is true of inside/underneath the cabinets. Check the floor carefully for soft spots. Get underneath the trailer to look for problem spots as well. One poster here had the door side of the trailer separate from the body/roof as well due to water invasion and rot. Is the unit you are considering a clamshell?  If so, then check that the clamshell hatch has the protected hinge seam as water infiltration can cause the weight of the door to increase, thus causing failure of the shocks or even the clamshell hatch door to be replaced. If you are looking at a standard inside kitchen, look under the fridge for front end water damage. Check outside in front where the downward curve begins or at the junction of the diamond plate. Sometimes the evidence of water damage can be seen outside at the point where the front wall curve meets the floor. Look for swollen or bumpy areas under the diamond plate.or along the front outside floor joint.
    That being said, there are bargains to be had if you shop carefully. There are quite a few early t@bs in good to great condition to be found.
    Frames of the older t@bs were galvanized, and not a lot of problems have been reported. They have surge brakes, also not a lot of trouble reported. Something to consider is the trailer age and ease of finding replacement or maintenance parts and supplies. If you relish the challenge, then you'll enjoy the hunt, but if not you'll endure the frustration.
    This is not said to discourage you, but just make you aware. Good luck. Examine with an informed and critical eye. Hope to soon be wishing you happy t@bbing. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Everything said above. Unless the previous owner added it, the front of the older T@Bs will not have diamond plate.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Thanks to those of you who responded. The floor on this one has been replaced (which makes me a bit MORE concerned about damage to the frame if it is wood. Floor seems sound now and I'll look more carefully underneath now that I've been warned. The side/roof seams all both look and feel very tight. There is no evidence of water damage or mold on the visible areas of the inside.
    1 window (door side) is tricky to close. And its screen and share are a bit funky as well. I bet the new ones don't fit (but I have no idea if that is right). Door works fine.
    If the battery needs replacing, what is an ideal replacement? Same question regarding the charging system. Any idea about $$ for either?
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The frame is galvanized steel, it is the floor that was wood. Ask if Pleasant Valley did the floor replacement, if so, the trailer is solid. The new shades and screens will fit, but holes from the old shades/screens will show in the walls. Some decorative trim around the new shades/screens cover up the holes.

The new windows are problematic. Pleasant Valley can put a new window in an old T@B, but it takes some sidewall modification. Is the side arm messed up on the one window that doesn't close well? If that is all it is, sidearms can be ordered from across the pond and replaced.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Yes - both side arms are not operating freely.  Who in Europe manufactures (or distributes) replacements?
    And I forgot to answer the earlier questioner: The T@B T2 is not a clamshell. Kitchen inside.
  • Options
    Great.  Who manufactures / distributes the arms?
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @mfmccann I’d resort to calling Elsie at Nücamp (probably just closed in Ohio) and asking her if they can source the parts or direct you to someone else. Her number is in the Nücamp contacts, Parts dept. in the categories to the left.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Heads up:  Elsie's number is no longer listed under Parts.  Best to call the main number and ask to be directed to her.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio